Legal And Corporate Affairs Manager
Jobs at:Total Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Legal And Corporate Affairs Manager
Job Title: Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager
Location: DAR ES SALAAM-HAILE SELASSIE RD(TZA) Tanzania .
• Manage and supervise the legal activities of the company.
• Monitor compliance of company secretariat registrations with the government agencies.
• Monitor company legal. licensing and regulatory compliance for its operations in Tanzania.
• Guide Management in all legal matter, litigations, contractual and land issues.
• Implement and monitor the fast track of legal cases, minimize legal costs, monitor and reduce company exposure.
• Assist the head of department in the management of the debt collection and reporting compliance.
• Provide legal opinion and or advice in respect of any legal issues.
• Review and draft contracts and legal documents.
• Conduct Law reviews, monitor compliance and report to respective parties accordingly.
• Assess and participate in the implementation of company policies so as to be in line with the group rules and policies.
• Advise the employee and employer on their respective legal right and duties in employment relations.
• Mediate and effect settlement of labor disputes between employees and employers.
• Monitor local content compliance and reporting requirement implementation.
• Conduct other activities in line with the company objectives from time to time and as maybe required.
• Conduct company legal induction and training plans for regulatory compliance for employees.
• Monitor company land compliance land rents, renewals and good title on all company assets.
• Support the Company secretary in the implementation of related company secretary activity and management for Total Affiliates in Tanzania.
• Support corporate Affairs Director in company communication and sustainable development activities.
• Management of Company relations and company representation with the public stakeholders, government agencies and media.
• Regulation: as part of the management and governance responsibilities: Corporate Affairs prepares and monitors the implementation of major rules of the Affiliate within the framework of general procedures and reference documents (e.g. the Governance Manual, the Purchasing Practices manual, the Common Management Control Reference document) in line with Affiliate, Group policies and directives, M&S orientations and existing regulations.
• Corporate Affairs carries out this function in internal control, risk assessment and compliance, and as part of the legal requirements arising from regulations (such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
• Ensure the financial profitability, risk analysis and legal consistency of all contractual and legal issues within the company.
• Ensure and carry out quick proactive solution of all legal related matters and pending issues within the company
• Ensure and coordinate legal compliance – in all aspects and departments within the company.
• Observation of Compliance program and Due Diligence on all company contracts.
• Through knowledge of the industry concerned work ethics and the legal regulatory framework in Tanzania and legal avenues.
• Knowledge Commercial, conveyance, corporate governance and employment and labour relations.
• INDICATORS: Reports on the projects carried out and completion of the project. 100% legal and regulatory compliance.
Context and environment
• Managerial and proactive ability.
• Good Communication skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Result driven and ability to take new challenges
• Accountability and mutual support.
• Degree in Law and advocate of the high court.
• Knowledge in management and demonstrate ability to learn new things and act proactively
• Good skills in excel – word and Power-Point.
• Very good communication with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Tanzania employment laws and regulations.
• Demonstrate experience on Tanzania laws governing land issues, energy industry and commercial matters.
• Advocate of the High court.
Offer ID 36804BR
Metier General Business Law
Region, department, area Tanzania
Employment type Regular position
Experience level required Minimum 6 years
Employer company TOTAL TANZANIA LTD
Branch Marketing & Services
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply