Lead generator Agency Nyanza Branch
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Overall Job Purpose
• The main purpose is to drive Agency banking proposition on acquisition and relationship management, to support product growth in the bank.
• This entails to achieve agreed sales targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling by on boarding NBC Wakala at the same time providing excellent customer service.
• Assist in growing, visiting and managing Agent Network.
Agent On boarding / Lead Generation
• On board and process applications of Agents in line with NBC Bank policies and regulatory requirements submit to Line Manager for review before submitting for processing
• Delivering exceptional sales performance through daily sales activities to drive agent performance.
• All agent documentations are updated and stored properly
• Conducting Agent assessments according to the Operations Manual
• Deliver exceptional sales performance in Agency banking by identifying new and potential agents
• Participate in Agency banking sales campaigns to meet specific target
• Performing branding duties to ensure agents are properly branded and visible
• To ensure all agents operate at their agreed level, as per key agent indicators; For Example – Enough float, Registrations and transactions.
• Manage agent’s relationship with branches and working direct with branch managers and branch sales team to ensure successful agent recruitment, support training objective are met to drive growth
• Supporting agent in sales and account opening to ensure customer accounts are opened as per account opening procedures.
• Performing any assigned task related to agency banking operations and sales
• Identify and recruit agents, targeting key business in their location as well as targeting top performing agents.
• To ensure POS and merchandising material are effectively distributed
• Provide weekly/ Monthly agent visit report as per agreed format
• Perform visit of all existing agents within your circuit at least once a month
Agent Operations management
• Growing agent base within the assigned area
• Visiting agent portfolio as assigned and managing the agent network.
• Conversation of Non Transacting agents to transacting
• Supporting customer base on boarded through agents to fund the accounts
• Attending daily sales review meetings and perform the daily activities accordingly.
• Providing a weekly sales activity plan to Branch Manager and Agent banking head office team.
• Study and assess competitors activities on the ground through daily agent visits and capture useful information for feedback and improvement
• Facilitating first-contact meetings with potential NBC Wakala
• Contact/visit the existing agents and new prospects to sell product and strengthen the relationship
• Daily planning of sales activities to ensure optimal utilization of allocated area/location to sell.
Branding and retention of agents
• Visiting agents monthly within given vicinity
• Ensure that every on boarded agent is activated and branded accordingly having signage, tariff guide, user guide and log book)
• Let the agent know about new product or promotion
• Respond to agents queries/ complaint accordingly
• Providing initial training to the agent.
Compliance and Risk Management:
• Ensure that planned training interventions take place, particularly for compulsory training. Attend all assigned training before deadline.
• Directly responsible for discipline – initiate misconduct or incapacity charges, follow NBC discipline processes together with HR.
• Attend all booked meetings.
• Share knowledge and experience with other LG in the Team
• Agree annual performance objective with team leader including specific target
• Pursue continues improvement in personal development by participating in development programs
• Display code of conduct and self-discipline
• Participate in branch target Sales related activities
• Carried out other duties as assigned by the LG Team Leader Agency Banking
Role / Person Specification
Education and Experience Required:
• Advance Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Commerce or its equivalent
• 1 year banking experience
• Broad knowledge of banking practice( Product knowledge) and bank regulations
• Experience in a frontline sales environment
• Some exposure to AML/KYC processes in retail banking environment
• Experience in Sales and Marketing
• Relevant experience in a front-line banking/ sales/marketing/service environment
• PC skills and Microsoft Office
• Good problem solving and decision making skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good time management and organization skills
• Ability to work on team and support others
• Strong integrity and professionalism
• Good customer service oriented
Knowledge, Skills and competences required:
• Strong Customer Service management
• Customer Handling awareness
• Bank Products awareness Selling and cross selling skills
• Awareness of BOT Regulation
• Risk Management
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Sales Management (Meets all of the requirements)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NBC_Careers/job/Nyanza-Branch-NBC/Lead-generator-Agency_R-15920479