Jobs at:African Wildlife Foundation’s (AWF)
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Landscape Manager-Kilombero (Open to Tanzanian Nationals Only) Tanzania, United Republic of, Morogoro
This position will be responsible for providing leadership, management and accountability for the activities and performance of African Wildlife Foundation’s (AWF) conservation program in Kilombero landscape in Southern Tanzania. The Kilombero Landscape Manager will also provide strategic oversight and direction for the implementation of the program, ensuring that each of the components are implemented in line with AWF practice and global standards taking account of the local conditions. The landscape manager will oversee the program and administrative staff and he/she will be providing guidance on implementation according to AWF standards, which are continuously strengthened to ensure alignment with global excellence in conservation and development practices. The position will be based in Ifakara, Morogoro and will report to the Senior Director, Program Management & Partnerships.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership, oversight and direct implementation of AWF’s landscape conservation program in Kilombero landscape and engage with relevant authorities and conservation partners working and investing in the landscape.
• Provide technical oversight to the Landscape by focusing on: application of sustainable natural resources management; strengthening natural resource governance, participatory land and resource use planning, and championing on Inclusive Green Growth Developments
• Help to develop and grow AWF’s program in the landscape.
• Working with Knowledge and Learning Management Team to implement a resource monitoring system for the landscape.
• Ensure quarterly and yearly means of verification (MOVs) are defined and delivered in a timely manner Ensure implementation of activities and expected outputs are in line with respective grants terms and conditions, and donor expectations
• Establish and maintain strong partnerships and develop excellent working relationships with public, private, NGOs, CSOs, communities and Donor communities.
• Supervise the landscape staff to deliver the AWF goals and the donor funded projects.
• Work with AWF experts to ensure programmatic guidance in designing and strengthening community livelihoods programs; ensure proper participation and that livelihood support is linked to wildlife and biodiversity conservation in Kilombero landscape.
• Manage day to day operations, develop budgets for the project, monitor budget expenditures and fulfill all AWF financial requirements, complete administrative requirements, produce timely work reports and budget narratives for delivery to the donor and AWF.
• Support the development of public private platforms aiming at promoting an enabling environment for investment along the value chain.
• Work with the Program Design team to generate project concepts for funding proposals to support the implementation of AWF’s strategy in the Landscape.
• Work with the Strategy team to implement AWF’s next 5-10-year strategy for the landscape.
• Work with the Communications and Marketing teams to communicate AWF messages through newsletters, reports and regular updates.
• Represent AWF at local, national and international forums and with local stakeholders/partners to ensure effective collaboration with partners.
• Work with the Program Management and Grants Management teams to ensure annual work plans and budgets are produced in a timely way and are uploaded in AWF project management systems.
• Financial oversight – ensure efficient use of resources and eliminate fraud.
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor(s)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation Related Field. Masters an advantage
• 10+ years of proven managerial, administrative and field experience in conservation.
• Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
• A task oriented, result focused and collaborative leadership approach with a thorough understanding of project management disciplines.
• Experience and a proven success record in working and implementing projects.
• Experience of successfully managing large projects and delivering timely and verifiable results.
• Demonstrated knowledge and mastery of global standards and practices for conservation including in protected area planning and management, participatory land use planning, community conservation, rights-based approaches, and integrated conservation and development.
• Proficiency in English (spoken and written), Kiswahili will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to build capacity of multiple stakeholders and facilitate multi-stakeholder processes to engage in landscape planning and management.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to build coalitions, negotiate, and manage conflict; familiarity with protocols associated with working in both Kenya and Tanzania.
• Genuine respect for the skills and perspectives of communities, partner organizations and the private sector.
• Conservancy management experience a strong advantage
• Good report writing skills and working knowledge of computers and MS Office software package.
• Unwavering integrity
• Experience working with Government agencies
• Commitment to AWF and its mission.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now