PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations.
Our Global Program Business Support team is looking for someone to serve as a Knowledge Specialist to drive the operational documentation support for our national Offices. You will manage the document repository, ensuring accurate materials and translations, for reference and use by National Offices and Frontline Church Partners (FCPs). In addition, you will use your excellent communication skills to provide support to overall Global Program communications for Program leadership teams, National Office leadership teams, and other neighbor groups, as needed, and will support operational document creation.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position that can be based in US or one of Compassion’s countries. All resumes must be submitted in English.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritize child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Review business processes and identify activities required to address the issues, including process steps and impact assessment to increase productivity and efficiency. Prepare supporting documentation such as presentations, future state maps, and business requirements. Make improvements or recommends improvements to processes and activities. Create processes to aid business operations.
- Track expenditures and variances to keep the department in budget. Inform management of variances and corrective recommendations.
- Gather feedback from National Offices, Regions and any global user groups to provide efficiency and consistency.
- May perform or support department specific duties sometimes related to other job subfamilies such as marketing plans, data analysis, basic procurement, tours and events, basic human resources, basic accounting, store administration, simple facilities requests, and/or program development.
- Prepare and relay communications concerning business operations and outcomes to appropriate audiences to foster understanding and acceptance for initiatives, policies, and practices. Maintain calendar and roadmap of efforts and impacts.
- Train and advise stakeholders on processes and guidelines related to the group or program projects. May liaise between assigned department and other neighbors.
- Provide meaningful input into the development of effective metrics for ministry operations and maintain data/metrics, dashboards, tools, and artifacts to provide up-to-date status of group projects, processes, and initiatives.
- May develop or contribute to new programs to improve neighbor morale or relations, ministry success, and community stewardship.
- Partner with other groups when required to integrate information and processes across functions. Provide individual contributions and occasional support to various projects as assigned in support of the work of Business Support management.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Three years’ relevant experience working in this or a related field.
- Cross cultural experience preferred.
- Must be fluent in writing and speaking English.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Why work here?
The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals