HOD Brand and Communication
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
To plan and coordinate all adverting, communication, media and sponsorships initiatives in coordination with the different marketing Heads and other functions if needed. To ensure all advertising campaigns and communications are fully in line with the company guidelines and standards as well as the brand values
• Work with the company’s senior executive leadership and product management teams to define, launch, and drive Vodacom Tanzania’s advertising campaigns.
• Assume primary responsibility for driving understanding of brand values, and development and execution of strategic campaigns.
• Assume responsibility for driving understanding of effective media strategy and the execution of media plans.
• Clearly define brand positioning and strategy to senior management and to the broader organization
• Ensure marketing and media budgets are managed within the company’s budget ensuring optimal return of investment
• Manage healthy working relationships with key business partners including adverting agency, media agency, media owners, production agencies and others.
• Undertake regular regional visits to understand the dynamics of the regional markets and recommend appropriate action on matters arising.
• Responsible for driving brand presence and communication across the market covering all areas: TV, radio, print, outdoor, retailers, social media
• Propose and manage effectively sponsorship programs for the company ensuring effective execution and maximizing return on investment
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Capacity planning and workforce plans
• Strong business acumen, including with an in-depth understanding of the contribution of the overall brand and communication to the business strategy.
• Excellent ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate skills in uncertain and dynamic environments
• Excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills, maintaining and extends networks both within and across organizational boundaries, as well as with external partners and suppliers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor in Marketing, Business Administration or other related social sciences
• Solid understanding of the Tanzanian mobile market and culture
• Should have at least 5 years of marketing or brand management experience in the telecommunication/FMCG industry
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit https://careers.vodafone.com/Vodacom/job/Dar-es-salaam-HOD-Brand-And-Communication/682906401/