Head of Sales and Marketing
Jobs at:Dangote Group
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Mtwara , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dangote Cement is Africa’s leading cement producer with operations in 10 African countries, revenues in excess of US$2.3 billion. We are a fully integrated quarry-to-customer producer with production capacity of up to 48.6 million tonnes per annum (Mta) across Africa as at 2020. We have operational facilities in Cameroon, Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia. Dangote Cement is the largest company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, having listed its shares in October 2010. .
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the strategic direction and objectives of the Sales and Marketing department to all staff within the department.
• Oversee the articulation of the organisation’s sales and marketing strategies and ensure alignment with DCP’s corporate strategy, goals and objectives.
• Champion the design and deployment of an effective customer acquisition, retention and relationship management strategy/framework to sustain and expand the organisation’s clientele.
• Institutionalise a customer service-oriented culture in the sales workforce and champion capacity building efforts for all categories of staff within the department.
• Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
• Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work programs and plans.
• Ensure the deployment of effective market penetration and market share acquisition framework.
• Ensure the development and establishment of effective channel strategies to promote sales.
• Oversee the collation of market and industry business intelligence to support effective decision making.
• Monitor and ensure the provision of the highest quality services to the company’s customers and oversee the design and deployment of an effective customer relationship management framework.
• Stay abreast of market trends, customer needs and competitor initiatives and devise strategies to optimally utilise market opportunities.
• Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up to date with changes in the industry.
• Oversee the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
• Review the department’s performance against set targets on a periodic basis and define action plans for improvement.
• Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimise performance
• Very good knowledge of local and global industry dynamics including regulation, legislation and operating environment.
• Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indicators and their impact on business.
• Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills.
• Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• High sense of responsibility and accountability.
High ethical standards
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
• Minimum of thirteen (18) years relevant work experience
• Skills and Behaviours
• In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
• In-depth knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
• Very good understanding of approaches/ methodology for business strategy articulation, monitoring and implementation; sales/marketing planning, marketing models and business performance analysis.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure