Head, Digital Banking and Proximity
Jobs at:Standard Chartered
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. .
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy and Business Management
• Work closely with GM Digital Banking & Client Experience to manage country digital agenda including delivery of online acquisition and digital banking KPIs
• Steward regulatory and day to day requirements from country with informed filter to region digital banking
• Oversee localisation and optimisation of digital assets from departments before timely upload into regional content management system
• Work closely with senior stakeholders in the country and region to ensure business needs and expectations are being met
• Support socialisation of region and group analytics on a regular basis, articulating the country optimisation view
• Drive ideation around country innovations and enhancements to both pre and post login experiences
• Help with client insight collection and frontline co-creation by working closely with the group Digital Experience team
• Continue to support the channel migration agenda while working closely with Branches
• Support country segment/product teams on digital facet of alliances and partnerships, while working closely with region
• Ensure any digital fulfilment of online signups is carried out in a timely manner through country Ops and digital Banking team.
• Represent SC through participation at local financial bodies, consortiums, and where needed, strategically important regulatory forums
• Train digital banking team for efficient management across cultures and local realities
• Delivery of Standard service and solid operations support for the business /Branches and leveraging on the Group network to provide a source of competitive advantage to the bank
• Proactive and effective engagement with business and segment heads and contribution to the business strategy and rapid growth plans in the country
• To contribute to successful implementation of new projects by resourcing the testing, training and supporting the post launch operational activities
• Provide Effective Leadership to the Proximity Manager on ATM Management, governing Contracts with First Line Maintenance, proximity Related Contracts with Managed Service Provider and Local Proximity Related Vendors/ Service Providers to Ensure Sla Adherence
• Ensure Proximity Related Regulatory Requirements Are Met, along with Business Continuity through BCP/ Dr Testing is done
• Work With Relevant Partners eg, Vendors for ATM Installation and Connectivity
• Monitor and ensure Proximity KPI (Inclusive Uptime) Is met all the times when there is any challenges escalation done on time
• Monitor Reconciliation ATM Suspense Accounts at Country Level to ensure it is done as per the financial policy.
• Monitor the SLA with the Vendor on the outsourced ATMS.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Our Ideal Candidate
• University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
• Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
• In depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet customer needs.
• Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others decision-making.
• Strong Operational and risk management background
• Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
• Ability to analyse significant amounts of data and distil clear insights
• Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
• Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
• Project Management and Change Management skills.
• Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
• Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
• Has the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
• Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank's matrix organization structure.
• Experience in budget development and budget management.
• Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.
• Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
• Strategy articulation and execution
• Professional depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition, portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
• Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviors and life stages
• Strong appreciation and ability to balance tradeoffs between risk and returns to achieve RORWA and P&L targets
• Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
• Relationship building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders / partners
• Team leadership – Ability to inspire team to achieve targets while building bench strength
• Adept at succeeding in a matrix organization
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://scb.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000015124&lang=en