Head, Brand & Marketing
Jobs at:CV People
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Drive and monitor compliance to the B&M policies, standards and procedures across Africa Regions. Oversee the consistent delivery of the SBG brand experience across all touch points in AR.
• Financial Management
• Drive cost management and budgetary control and adherence, including the development and management of the operational budget for the B&M AR Function.
• Provide strategic guidance and support in the development of the marketing budget across AR and provide support in the ongoing management of that budget to ensure that the return on investment is realised.
• Provide the support to the AR Heads' goals which include driving client growth, delivering client solutions to the market, and distinctive client experience.
• Monitor the financial and non-financial return on investment from the campaigns and other marketing initiatives by analysing the relevant data metrics to ensure that the marketing strategies are as financially viable as possible.
• Manage and review performance of Country Heads of B&M by setting standards, goals and targets to be achieved, ensuring individuals are motivated to achieve as well as know what they are being measured against.
• Provide marketing support to initiatives focusing on engaging and igniting energy and passion in our people in collaboration with the office of the Africa Regions' CE.
• Lead the B&M Africa Regions Head Office Team according to the lean leadership and employee engagement principles, including employee lifecycle from recruitment through to exit, performance management, training and development, discipline and grievance management, retention and reward and people administration, to ensure a high performance culture.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with the relevant stakeholders across B&M and the Country CEs, to realise the strategic aspirations of the Business.
• Coach, mentor and upskill individuals by engaging with them to determine their aspirations and drive the obtainment of these goals as far as possible within the Bank.
• Remain abreast of the changing environment by continuously engaging in educational opportunities, engaging with academic content and maintaining a strong industry network to ensure that the B&M teams in AR are always in the "Know".
• Provide strategic guidance in the planning of the Brand and Marketing (B&M) activities across all segments within Africa Regions.
• Develop a strong business understanding of all segments/markets, by engaging with the B&M segment heads and Country Heads of B&M and contribute to the development of appropriate in-country marketing strategies to ensure the country marketing teams are appropriately equipped to support the business to obtain their market share goals and overall strategy.
• Monitor, measure and report on the performance of B&M across AR against B&M strategic measures to drive efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Provide strategic guidance based on insights in the development of marketing strategies across markets by engaging with the Country Heads of B&M, as well as other respective Centres of Expertise, to ensure that there is appropriate horizontal alignment and engagement across all segments/markets.
• Advise and provide support to the Country Heads of B&M across Africa Regions with regards to customer journeys and other initiatives, including the execution of pilots, as and when required.
• Collaborate with Country Heads of B&M within Africa Regions to review strategic objectives, identify gaps, actively identify synergies and provide support to ensure disciplined execution of the strategic objectives.
• Oversee the consistent articulation of Standard Bank's desired brand image and position across AR markets.
• Provide advice on appropriate strategic solutions for the B&M Function across Africa Regions segments/markets.
• Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
• Responsible to ensure that instances of non-compliance in the audit findings do not re-occur.
• Partner with Group Compliance teams to ensure that all AR B&M activities are compliant within the relevant regulatory frameworks.
• Develop the B&M toolkit for Africa Regions to ensure that collaboration, standardisation and the benefits of economies of scale are achieved. This will result in a more cost-effective and cost-efficient approach.
• Deliver high quality reporting to various stakeholders pertaining to the implementation of all the B&M initiatives (including CSI initiatives) executed to drive the AR growth aspirations and strategy across all relevant markets.
• Technology & Architecture
• Utilise the B&M technology that is available by remaining up to date with the technology as well as the products available across all segments/markets to ensure that they are being marketed appropriately.
• Accountable to ensure that Group technologies and platforms, processes and toolkits are leveraged to maximise efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Type of Qualification Field of Study
• Post Graduate Degree Business Commerce
• Other Minimum Qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
• A postgraduate/honours degree with the ability to navigate complex arenas whilst leading individuals of similar educational levels.
• Other Preferred Qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
• Individual with a commercial qualification, driven to learn and grow would be advantageous.
• A Masters degree in Business Commerce, Business Administration or Marketing would be preferred. Tertiary qualification in Business Management, Process Optimisation or Project Management would be beneficial.
• Brand & Marketing Marketing and Communications Business Partnering More than 10 years A leader, & seasoned expert in B&M with profound & relevant knowledge of the full dimensions of the field, but deep expertise in strategy alignment & implementation. Proven track record in large scale & high-level leadership, capable of influencing seasoned leaders as well as employees. Experience in strategy & ops. model design & implementation within the FSI. Experience managing a multi-geography team. 15 years' experience with the last 5 being in a senior leadership within B&M.
• Total number of years’ experience: 15 years
• Establishing Rapport
• This competency is about the behaviours an individual should employ in order to effectively engage people, establish positive personal contact and improve the likelihood of maintaining positive relationships. This competency is therefore about putting people at ease, making friends and helping people feel welcome.
• Interacting with People
• This competency is about fostering relationships that benefit the organisation as well as an individuals effectiveness and efficiency. More specifically, it includes personal networking behaviours, making contact with others and strengthening relationships.
• Taking Action
• This competency is about taking action in service of achieving the organisation's goals. It is about being energetic, showing initiative and being action oriented.
• Team Working
• This competency is about working well in a team. In order to develop this competency, individuals are encouraged to acknowledge the views and contributions of others, and to involve others in decision-making.
• Upholding Standards
• Upholding Standards within the organisation is important for ensuring that high quality products and services are provided as well as for ensuring that trust is created and maintained. Individuals need to focus on developing proper and discreet behaviour and to honour their commitments in order to be effective at demonstrating this competency.
• Valuing Individuals
• This competency is about helping others to feel that they are worthwhile and important. The behaviours emphasised in developing this competency are trusting and tolerating others as well as showing consideration.
• Adopting Practical Approaches
• Adopting practical solutions with an emphasis on learning by doing. This competency requires individuals to utilise common sense when required. Ultimately, this competency is important in order to ensure that organisations implement feasible solutions.
• Challenging Ideas
• This competency is about an individual facilitating or catalysing change in an organisation. Challenging Ideas emphasises individual behaviours associated with questioning assumptions, challenging established views and arguing personal perspectives.
• Convincing People
• This competency is about bringing others over to your point of view. The emphasis in this competency is on being persuasive and taking a negotiating approach. In addition, Convincing People focuses on individuals being able to shape others opinion
• Developing Strategies
• This competency includes facets of behaviour such as being visionary and establishing effective plans that take into consideration long-term aspects. This competency also includes the need for individuals to focus on identifying trends.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 156
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://cvpeopletanzania.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/594044000005052754/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Country-Director-and-Project-Director?source=CareerSitee