Government Partnerships Officer (Consultant Level 1)
Jobs at:World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
This position is based at the Country Office and reports to the Head of the Communications, Advocacy and Marketing/Partnerships Unit.
Job holders primarily carry out day–to-day partnerships activities and research. They engage with internal stakeholders and a host of public, private sector and external entities. These can comprise governments, United Nations agencies, intergovernmental institutions and their member states, international financial institutions, individuals, corporations, foundations and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Facilitate the work of senior staff to effectively position WFP with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
2. Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Support partner visibility and ensure partner conditions are met.
3. Use data to present managers with well-researched ideas to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
4. Solicit inputs, including operational updates, from other WFP entities to inform partner audiences on WFP’s programmatic offering; Draft quality briefs and proactively highlight strategic issues to senior staff to inform best course of action and nurture partnership growth.
5. Gather and present internal and external data/information, using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFPGo), to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-a?-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
6. In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES CONTINUED:
7. Contribute to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
8. Support senior managers in the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
9. Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
10. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
• Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
• Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
• Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
• Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Has a basic understanding of government strategies.
• Has developed effective relationships with partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities and researched new opportunities.
• Has developed powerful narratives by using data analysis visualization to enable action-oriented discussions with partners.
• Has prepared briefs to raise resources for operations and collaborated for timely registration, maintenance and update of contributions and forecasts.
• Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
• Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
• Minimum one or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership roles.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has supported projects and operational activities that maintain and develop donor and host government partnerships
• Has routinely provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise
• Has collated data, assisted in drafting resourcing analysis and collaborated with accurate and timely briefs as well as reporting to donors
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duration of the Contract: 11 months
All applications should be submitted through e-recruitment portal.
Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 05 January 2022.
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=155032&_ga=2.220359390.754774090.1639992712-161495279.1630170868