General Manager (Country) Tanzania
Jobs at:Puma Energy
Deadline of this Job:
05 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide leadership and direction to the country management team. Be fully accountable for all country operations as well as for the delivery of the financial business plans and KPIs. Create the conditions for sustainable, growth through developing and executing business plans. Be the visible PUMA representative for the market/ cluster for all external stakeholder interactions including government, vendors and media. Coordinate the market activities with LOB leads.Turn LOB policies and principles into workable market plans. Perform the role of assurance lead for HSE, legal and finance. Consolidate key market insight for both regulated and unregulated markets. Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything that country/cluster teams do. Ensure all HSE, compliance and governance policies, principles and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times. Role model the Puma Energy core values and ways of working.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
• Work with Regional teams to develop cluster / country specific plans to create and maintain competitive advantage within the Retail, B2B, Aviation, Bitumen and Lubricants markets to grow customer numbers to meet the financial targets and associated KPIs.
• Ensure that the country depot and transport operations are optimized and structured to effectively serve the needs and demands of the customers.
• Fully accountable for country profit and loss and Balance Sheet.
• Work with the Region Supply Chain teams to provide accurate demand forecasts that will continuously meet country customer needs.
• Create conditions with associated HSE and Legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance that the country/cluster is selling and operating both safely and legally at all times.
• Work with HR and Financial business partners to ensure associated policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to throughout the country’s business operations.
• Represent Puma Energy as the official country spokesperson when influencing customers, local governments, vendors, trade associations and dealing with the media.
• Act as the Puma Energy representative and work with local chief legal counsel on any legal cases, for or against the company.
• Proactively lead the business development within cluster/country to identify new opportunities and grow wallet share with existing customers.
• Create conditions for all country colleagues to personally, and professionally develop their skills and talents to maximise their impact and opportunities within the organisation.
• Optimise and continuously improve the cost of doing business from both a capital and revenue expenditure perspective. Creating the conditions that all colleagues invest and spend wisely to ensure that our customers can afford to do business with us.
• Be the custodian of all compliance and corporate governance policies, processes and procedures to ensure cluster/country adherence at all times.
• To ensure exceptional implementation of Puma standards at all times across all lines of business. Influence new Global standards when gaps and new requirements are identified.
• Bachelor degree or advanced college education with relevant experience.
• Post-graduate education in operational management or business administration is a plus.
• 10 years’ experience working at a senior level within organisations that have portfolios that may include banking, logistics, retail, aviation, lubricants or B2B operations, similar or related industries.
• 5 Years Previous experience as a Managing Director
• Business Experience:
• Leading Part of a Commercial Organisation
• Track record of sustainable growth in Puma Energy’s related sectors
• Experience with dealing with financial statements. Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash-flow.
• Understanding of Entity and shareholding structures
• Integration following Mergers and Acquisitions
• Local Market Knowledge
• People Management Experience:
• Managing growth
• Managing change
• Growing people
• Driving and Implementing Change Experience:
• Public speaking and presenting
• Learning from failure
• Relationships Management Experience:
• Working with main board and executive committee level leaders
• External Stakeholder Management
• Working in a Matrix Organisation
• Experienced in selling, socializing ideas.
• JV Management
• English: Spoken and written fluently.
• High level of commercial and financial acumen.
• Technical Competencies:
• Risk Management
• Financial & Commercial Acumen
• Energy Industry Expertise
• Energy Sectors Expertise
• Business Plan Development / Implementation
• Stakeholder Management
• Successful Sales Techniques Understanding
• Technical knowledge of industry related technology
• Market Understanding
• Operations & HSSE Expertise
• Driving delivering results
• Customer and Partner Focused Innovation
• Instigating & Leading Change
• Peer Relationship
• Agility (Including cultural agility and dealing with cultural ambiguity)
• Inspiring Performance for Execution
• Aligning Business operations to Plans
• Building Effective Teams
• Influencing for Impact
• Authentic Collaboration & Stakeholder Management
• Work Hard: Puts in every effort to achieve goals
• Work together: Is a genuine team player
• Accountability: Is in charge of his business and responds for it to the Board
• Integrity: You are the custodian of respect of the rules in the Company
• Key Relationships and Department Overview:
• Internal – Region / Country / Cluster teams (including Retail, Aviation, Lubricants and Bitumen), Global teams
• External – Key customers, Government authorities, Key vendorsa
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://trafigura.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Puma_Energy_Careers/job/Dar-Es-Salaam-Tanzania/General-Manager_R-009591/apply?source=linkedin