POST: Financial Services Lead – Tanzania
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2022. Sokowatch aims to be the platform through which our customers access a comprehensive offering of financial services that allow them to achieve both their personal and professional goals.
Reporting into : EA Financial Services Manager
Your Mission in our Vision
Financial services will be the biggest differentiating factor of Sokowatch from its competitors. By crafting a suite of services/financial products that not only meets the needs of our customers but also enhances their earnings potential, Sokowatch will become an indispensable long-term partner for our customers.
Our strategy is to provide a world-class customer experience with regards to accessing basic financial services through effective education and signaling that allows our customers to graduate to more sophisticated financial products. In the long-run, these more sophisticated financial products will be the profit engine of the financial services business
- Portfolio Growth
- Revenue Growth
- NPL Management
- Debt Collection Management
- Service Excellence
- Operational Excellence and Compliance
- Engaging and Deepening Activities
- Capacity to onboard and manage clients, usage, retention and customer reactivation.
- Managing customers directly and in liaison with the sales team to ensure:
- Portfolio Growth in every branch
- Ensure they order the set number of SKUs and grow their SKUs per order
- Ensure they grow Average Revenue Per User MoM
- Ensure on-time repayment of credit with capacity to escalated collections
- Monitor client repayments to maintain a healthy NPL.
- Monitor client performance to advise the team in case there’s a slowdown in business and hedge our risk
- Managing team of associates in the various branches
- Ensure a daily follow up of overdue invoices through phone calls and field visitations.
- Developing Pay plans / Promise to Pay database with elaborate follow ups
- Ensure a thorough KYC process by conducting a verification exercise for all new clients and capturing relevant information in systems for decision making
- Conduct customer education to all new and existing clients to ensure adherence to Sokowatch credit terms and communicate any changes of policy
- Handle all customer and agents’ complaints within the credit portfolio
- Awareness of all policies and procedures and advise compliance in the event of changes in the country’s regulations in relation to the product
- To conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors programme offering and activities. This is to assist efforts to increase product differentiation and enhance attractiveness of our offering
- Any other duties may be assigned
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- Proven work experience in credit management
- Good understanding of lending procedures & credit related laws
- 4-6 years of credit experience
- Experience managing teams directly
- Be willing to periodically travel to customer sites
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations