Director of Empowerment Facilitation and Local Content
Jobs at:Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Deadline of this Job:
01 October 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/284 18th SEPTEMBER, 2020
On behalf of The National Economic Empowerment Council Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites dynamic and suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill 2 vacant posts mentioned below.
The National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC) was established in 2005 following the launch of the National Economic Empowerment Policy and enactment of the National Empowerment Act in 2004. The Council, under the Prime Minister’s Office, is mandated with the task of supervising, monitoring and coordinating all empowerment activities in the Country. .
Director of Empowerment Facilitation and Local Content (1 Post – Re-Advirtised)
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
OBJECTIVES: To Coordinate and Facilitate Economic Empowerment Activities,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To develop and facilitate implementation of sector and multi-sector strategies for mobilization and utilization of resources for economic empowerment activities;
• To designate types of business which may be done by Tanzanians jointly or in partnership;
• To advise on the establishment and strengthening of individual or communal groups, cooperatives, partnerships or joint ventures in economic activities;
• To provide advice to the Government, public and private sector institutions on specific issues and measures aimed at the promotion of economic empowerment of Tanzanians;
• To make recommendations relating to any existing or proposed business or investment opportunities;
• To supervise the identification of entrepreneurship training needs and opportunities on economic and investment issues and to co-ordinate the relevant training programmes;
• To collaborate with institutions and organizations for the purpose of promoting access to services relating to economic opportunities;
• To promote and facilitate broader economic ownership aimed at empowering Tanzanians;
• To collaborate with relevant sectors, perform such other activities and functions ancillary or incidental to the promotion and enhancement of economic empowerment of Tanzanians; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields; Economics, Accountancy, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Entrepreneurship, Laws (with internship and must be registered as an advocate of the high court and subordinate courts thereto) or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institutions, plus Master Degree in the related fields. The candidate must have at least seven (07) years of working experience in senior positions.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here http://portal.ajira.go.tz/index.php/advert/display_advert/3133