Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a Development Manager. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, and plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
• Lead in grant writing efforts, including, prospecting, drafting, editing, and submitting applications that Ubongo decides to pursue
• Researching, prospecting, and identifying donors, funders, and opportunities to pursue
• Updating and managing our CRM database for prospective donors, applications, and past (already pursued) prospects
• Writing applications for awards and challenge grants, LOIs and concept notes with support from the Development Manager
• Manage relationships with individual donors through consistent personalized communications and the development of content for fundraising campaigns
• Own and manage our Network for Good fundraising platform & pages
• Write fundraising newsletter and support the development of other fundraising communications including website copy, social media content, blog posts, and press releases
• Understanding Ubongo’s vision, mission, impact, and priorities and sharing our story effectively with potential funders through different communication channels
• Design and write donor appeals for campaigns
• Building personal relationships and following up consistently with individual donors and fundraisers, encouraging them to get more involved
• Find creative ways to hos,t and facilitate Ubongo introductory webinars for interested stakeholders, supporters, and donors
• Support brand awareness and building within our US audiences and the African diaspora – think critically and creatively about building brand awareness, with support from the comms team, in the US and among African diaspora communities
Requirement: Knowledge, Experience, And Qualifications Essentials:
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills: Proven grant writing, and storytelling skills.
• Experience in outreach and/or network-building roles
• Ability to synthesize research and produce compelling literature reviews.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in English Literature, Creative Writing, Education, Research, Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit Management, Business, or a related field.
• Proven experience working in grant writing, fundraising, marketing, corporate communications, content development, writing, or project management
• Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references.
• Must love kids!
• You have the ability to work independently and to think on your feet
• Be willing to wear many hats!
• Deep understanding of Africa’s education and development landscape
• 3+ years experience fundraising or grant writing for a non-profit company or social enterprise
• Passionate about education, storytelling, and being a changemaker.
• Loves building relationships and talking to new people!
• Great storytelling skills that come through in public speaking and writing. We tell powerful stories and you need to be able to represent our brand well publically.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://ubongo.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=72