Jobs at:Agricycle Global Inc
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As our Database Officer, you will report to the Impact Coordinator, and will work closely with the department Coordinators and Field Officers. You will be responsible for inputting and managing data regarding our growing network of smallholders and cooperatives across East Africa with reliability, diligence and attention to detail. You will lead communication to Agricycle’s network through digital mediums and seek to better understand how Agricycle can support their needs. You will summarize these data in compelling visual formats that make it easy for leaders in Agricycle to make action plans
• Coordinate data collection for all smallholders and cooperatives working with Agricycle in East Africa.
• Develop procedures for data management and collection that ensure fidelity and security.
• Maintain files on Google Drive and other cloud-based software and update Agricycle’s database.
• Promote Agricycle’s mission, products and services to Agricycle’s members in East Africa.
• Leverage interviews, surveys and bulk SMS to gather insights from Agricycle’s network.
• Compile data from multiple company verticals and prepare regularly scheduled reports and figures.
• Support the Director of Impact, Grant Writer and Impact Coordinator in accomplishing data projects.
• Train Field Officers to effectively gather data and support their, and Sourcing Officers’, field work.
• Collaborate with the Technical Sales Coordinator and Operations Coordinators on external partners.
• Respond to data requests for grant applications or when managing awarded grants.
• Accomplish all other reasonable responsibilities provided by supervising team members
Ideal candidates are:
• Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural-born problem solvers.
• Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
• Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
• Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
• Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
• Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
• Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
• Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable experience in data management with rural communities.
• University degree or advanced work experience in data management, information technology, monitoring and evaluation or other related fields.
• Good communication skills (written, oral and digital); good command of English is necessary.
• Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
• Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
• Readiness to travel anywhere in East Africa under short notices and occasionally work odd hours.
• Excellent working knowledge of computer applications and mathematics, especially: spreadsheets.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send all applications through https://jobs.wrkhq.com/agricycle by 23rd July 2021 at 5pm EAT. Attach the following as one combined PDF: a) cover letter addressed to the Director of East Africa; b) CV with three reachable referees; and c) academic and other qualification documents. Clearly state the position you are applying for in your letter. Agricycle does not charge for applications or interviews.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 July 2021.