Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position grade: Ungraded – UG
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Seniority band: N/A
Job family: Operations
Organizational unit: Operations
Position number: N/A
Position rated: N/A
Subject to rotation: No
Reporting directly to: CVAC Team Leader
Overall supervision by: Movement Operations Manager
Managerial responsibility: No
Directly reporting staff: N/A
Organizational Context And Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Movement Operations Manager and reporting directly to the VAC Team Leader, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1.Assist in the provision of client information: information sheets andchecklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
2.Assist in verifying the bank statements for the confirmation of payment when the mail in applications are received.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
4. Immediately inform VAC Team Leader of any problems or issues related to daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
5. Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM
Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
6. Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the IVSS/IBM Unit at HQ, the CoM/HoO and the VAC Team Leader.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioral competencies
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Economics or similar fields.
• Post graduate diploma is an asset, as well as volunteering experience in similar field.
• Attention to detail and good organizational skills. Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Capacity to achieve time-bound results in a multi-cultural environment with respect to local customs and habits.
• Basic knowledge of computer skills
English, French and Kiswahili
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to [email protected] Only electronic applicatons will be accepted Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is open for
Tanzanian nationals. For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/
From 16th August – 29th August 2021