The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money, and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
Post: CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER – 8 Posts
Location : Unguja 4, Pemba 2, Dar es Salaam 1, Mtwara 1
Service Customers effectively and process transactions accuracy his/her efficiency and courtesy often reflects the Bank’s standard of service.
Education and Experience:
Holder of Degree in Business Administration majoring in Marketing, Banking and finance or Islamic Banking from any recognized University.
Postgraduate or Master Degree in Business Administration majoring in Marketing, Banking and finance or Islamic Banking will be an added advantage.
Key skills and competencies:
- Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales
- Knowledge of customer service
- Relevant computer skills
- Good listening and communication skills (writing and presentation)
- Honesty and integrity
- To receive and respond to customer service account inquiries on account balances, transaction details, statements and fees and charges.
- Open new accounts/closing accounts.
- Alterations to existing savings and cheque accounts.
- Inquiries for personal/commercial loans
- Inquiries on internet services.
- Handling cash transactions and cash balancing.
- Overseas transfers.
- Setup periodical payment authorities on accounts.
- Promote bank products and services.
- Change statement of account cycles.
- Identify customer needs.
- Refer customers to appropriate banking services and representative.
- A customer Service Officer must always perform their duties in line with the organization’s policy and procedures, service standard.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Term of service:
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable).
- Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30 th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances . Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020