Salary Currency: Tanzanian Shilling
· Manage the creation, production and the distribution of digital and print contents, overseeing office activities, brainstorming ideas and developing newsletters and other publications. Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts).
· Creating marketing materials, managing by supporting Communications Team in creating, editing and posting creative content on social media networks i.e TAHA’s Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn platforms using translated technical content and program updates, creating databases for managing clients, events, communications, and marketing data; Update databases and media lists.
· Regularly monitor website and social media metrics and analyze monthly, and attend both external and internal events
· Provide administrative support to various teams and programs. Track projects and media exposure; helping to execute communications projects and strategies and dissemination of high-quality tools and materials, ensuring style and branding compliance and represent communication Team policies and guidelines across all materials.
· Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies ensuring clear communication of TAHA messages across all channels.
· Responsible for supporting strategies that increase the project visibility to diverse global audiences, expanding digital information sharing capacity, and strengthening internal communication systems.
· Offer support to all teams in designing and editing materials for a range of audiences and contexts, including research and meeting reports, case studies, briefs, toolkits, peer-reviewed articles, training curricula, presentation design and critical eye for data visualization communication; also contribute to the dissemination of knowledge and experience of the project through participation in the related events.
· Liaise with graphic designers and other vendors to develop and produce materials for visibility activities. Offer administrative support to the Communications Team in tracking products and materials according to deadlines.
· Coordinate or lead communication related trainings or events for staff or partners and other horticulture stakeholders; Support in executing events such as farmer field days, AGM, Producers-Buyers high level market access forums, Participation in the local trade fairs, media campaigns on nutrition and gender perspectives in horticulture.
· Support Communications Team in repurposing and creating fresh content for monthly E-newsletters and other direct communication.
· Support Communications Team in maintaining a collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, data bites videoclips to use in various digital content; Expand digital dissemination outlets for information sharing such as websites, webinars, social media, videos, data visualizations, infographics, emails list servs, etc.
· Promote and disseminate TAHA Market Information System through TAHA groups, TAHA Knowledge hub i.e. maintaining digital database and support the physical library of horticultural tools and resources and government extension workers, and other stakeholders.
· Reporting and documenting project implementation status on monthly and quarterly basis and participate in the establishment of mechanisms to collect appropriate information of the monitoring and evaluation system of activities under the outcome of the project. Ensure key lessons and best practices from the project are shared with all key stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communication with at least 3 years’ experience or a post graduate diploma in Communications or Journalism, Media, Public Relations or a related field from a recognized university.
· Background in communications, media relations, and/or knowledge management preferred.
· Communication and facilitator- editing, writing, policy communication, community engagement, Internet tools and skills, information management, process facilitation, reporting and administration.
· Excellent knowledge of modern communication tools and approaches, and solid experience in knowledge management including ICT and web 2.0 tools applications like Wiki, Flickr, slideshare, Youtube, Dropbox and blogging; Use of social media dashboards/management tools
· Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and present technical information to nontechnical audiences, and a passion to bridge the gap between research and lay audiences.
· Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; on the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies.
· Demonstrated experience on preparing documentation and reporting.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills
· Sound leadership and mentoring skills and experience.
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
· Knowledge in computer (MS word, excel and PowerPoint)
· Fluent written and oral communication in English and Swahili is required
· Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially with primary stakeholders;
· A team player and self-starter able to inspire and influence action;
· Ability to work independently and most importantly as part of a multi-cultural team
· Broad geographic experience of Tanzania Isles (Unguja and Pemba).