Communication And Marketing Manager
Jobs at:St John's University Of Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dodoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
St John's University of Tanzania (SJUT) is a relatively young but dynamic university aspiring to become a global player in the provision of higher education, owned by the Anglican Church of Tanzania (ACT). SJUT is committed to a culture of quality, excellence and absolute integrity in the context of Biblical values. The University is seeking to recruit qualified academic member of staff and bring onboard suitable individuals to provide effective leadership and contribute to the realization of the aspirations of the University. The Chief Mazengo campus is located at Kikuyu area in Dodoma, about 3.5km southwest of the city centre. For further information, please visit www.sjut.ac.tz. The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING UNIT
Communication And Marketing Manager – Re-advertised
Reports to: Vice Chancellor .
Job Summary: The purpose of the post is to assist the Vice Chancellor in the performance of duties pertaining to internal and external communication, marketing, partnership development and public relations.
" Skills and Abilities:
A qualified candidate for this position shall possess the following skills and abilities
• Ability to develop a vision, mission and direction for the University in communication and marketing strategies,
• Ability to interpret and promote the University's communication and marketing functions and objectives;
• Ability to stimulate and encourage new ideas and developments through motivation and support for staff and students;
• Skills in strategic management, communication, interpersonal, public relations and negotiations:
• Ability to influence, persuade and build coalitions and networks
• Ability to effectively contribute/function in a Christian Institution of higher learning, and
• Significant familiarity with the Anglican Church of Tanzania set up and adequate knowledge of the higher education sector nationally and internationally "
Qualification: Holder of a Master's degree in Communication, Corporate Communications, Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing Communication, or equivalent, from a recognized institution.
Experience: At least a minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience in a senior managerial position.
Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to SJUT Scheme of Services
Tenure: Fixed terms contract of four (4) years renewable on satisfactory performance.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Complete application package that consists of Application Letter supported with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified relevant copies of Certificates i.e. Degree/Diploma Certificates Testimonials, Academic Transcripts plus Secondary School Certificates and their contact details should be submitted no later than 21st August, 2020 at 04:00p.m. to:
St John's University of Tanzania
PO Box 47, Dodoma, Tanzania.
Tel: 026-239 0044 Fax: 026-239 0025
E-mail: [email protected] OR [email protected]