Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Jobs at:Alliance Life Assurance Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, 08 July 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our team! As a COO, you will be responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the company's operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals to help the organisation execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership. The COO will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Nature and Scope of the Position:
• Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization's operational goals, collaborating with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization's goals and objectives.
• Provides leadership to ensure all activities are consistent with our goals, guidelines and culture by monitoring trends and evolving our strategy to keep up with changing customer expectations.
• Ensures that departmental decisions, project plans, and budgets such as those for staffing, development, and team execution align across the larger team.
• Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems with the goal of improving the use of resources and materials.
• Ensure client satisfaction through maintenance of good relationships with clients and intermediaries, quick response times to queries and speedy settlement of legitimate claims;
• Implement risk management strategies to ensure that the risk carried by The Company is appropriate in respect of the life insurance business. This includes responsibility for pricing and reinsurance strategies, policy wordings and administration procedures in respect of the take-on and management of clients, processing of claims, and payment of reinsurance premiums and recovery of reinsurance on claims.
• Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in Life insurance and Annuity operations and serves on industry committees to share knowledge and increase the company brand.
• Actively leads in Marketing, Distribution, Operations, Finance, HR, and other key areas to drive overall business results.
• Develops and maintains productivity and quality standards through audit and other review mechanisms to ensure policy, procedures, and objectives are carried out.
• Develops teams and leaders, providing coaching on growth and career planning to aid in succession management.
• Proactively partners with distribution leadership and external agencies to improve presence, solve challenges and gather the feedback to continually improve the customer experience driving critical value creation and competitive differentiation in the marketplace.
Candidate Profile and Position Criteria:
• ACII, FIll/Alll or equivalent.
• At least 12 year's managerial experience in Life Insurance (with at least 5yrs of experience as Profit Centre Head),
• Analytical ability and good numeric skills.
• Excellent relationship management skills, customer sensitivity and skills to deal with intermediaries and clients.
• A good working knowledge of relevant Life Insurance software programs and Microsoft applications such as MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English is absolutely essential.
Salary offered is highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Job application procedure
If you are confident that you match the above mentioned criteria please send your detailed C.V mentioning the position in the subject line to: [email protected] . Deadline to submit your application is 17h00 on Thursday, 15th July 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.