Responsible for processing cash, debit, credit and check transactions using pure system . Includes daily receipting, balancing the daily sales report, daily banking of cash and cheques.
- Accurately process all customer and intermediary payments in the company’s core computer system. These payments are by cash, debit card, credit card or cheque.
- Record all company revenue in the operations system and accurately generate corresponding receipts.
- Maintaining strong internal controls of cash collected and safeguard against loss or any out of balance problems as far as cash collection is concerned.
- Prepare bank lodgements for review and check off, and for collection to be banked on a daily basis.
- Prepare daily cash control reports for bank reconciliation, and verify accuracy.
- Process and verify accuracy on all daily company cash reports.
- Control and administer company’s petty cash and other floats ensuring compliance with related policies, and perform daily reconciliation of company float.
- Document all returned cheques and advise responsible personnel to follow up for collection.
- Advice Senior Accountant of any large cash collection which is in excess of established limits so that special arrangements for collection can be made.
- Manage cashier inventory, such as stamps, receipt paper and lodgement books.
- Maintain vigilance in identifying fraudulent bank notes and cheques.
- Perform own filing functions and keep all files in good order and appropriately filed in designated areas.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- Accuracy of cash book
- Timely banking of cash and cheques
- Timely issuance of receipts
- Accountable to the Senior Accountant
- Work with all business units and departments/ branches
- Britam Customers
- Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Diploma in Accounting or a related field
- 2 – 3 years in a similar role
- Knowledge of Britam products and services
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of cashier management processes and techniques.
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 October 2021.