Alliance Life Assurance Ltd was established in 2010 as the first locally privately owned Life Insurance Company in Tanzania. The company has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa providing life insurance solutions to both corporates and individuals. Alliance Life is highly rated in leadership, innovation, customer service, and risk management.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Bancassurance Manager, reportingto the Sales & Marketing Manager. The Position will be based in Dar es Salaam with some travelling outside Dar es Salaam as and when required.
Role: The position holder will be responsible for creating and implementing an approved bancassurance strategy, inline with Alliance Life’s Sales Strategy, including business growth and development within banks to profitably generate product revenue targets, and to develop strong relationships and partnerships in the market.
- Drive the achievement of the set financial targets while delivering consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Develop and implement an approved bancassurance strategy in line with the company’s sales strategy, and periodically review the strategy and performance taking appropriate and remedial action to assist all involved in the process to achieve desired performance.
- Design and develop need-based products for target market and maximize on the cross selling opportunities between the company and bank products.
- Work closely with business teams to ensure that bancassurance targets are met.
- Relationship management for all bancassurance partners and business stakeholders, internally and externally, to identify opportunities and ensure efficient service delivery to all stakeholders including improved customer service.
- Provide leadership, direction and pace for Bancassurance taking appropriate steps to make Alliance Life the preferred choice for life insurance services.
- Provide requisite support to Bancassurance teams whilst ensuring adherence to laid down processes, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and ensure continuous training for business teams on all insurance products.
- Regularly report the performance of Bancassurance Channel in accordance with applicable structures and ensure the section is fully aligned with the rest of the department.
Candidate Profile and Position Criteria:
- A business related degree from recognized Institution – Insurance and Risk Management Qualification would be an added advantage.
- Professional insurance certificates/ diplomas/advanced diploma will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the insurance market with a similar product sales and relationship management role, and a proven track record.
- In-depth knowledge of life assurance and banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Market intelligence acquisition and business planning and implementation skills.
- Proven product development skills, business development and market development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and negotiation skills.
- Team player with attention to detail.
- Strong time management.
- Results oriented, self-motivated and driven with a proven performance track record.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to meet all costs associated with their attendance to the interview. Please note also successful candidates will be required to meet their relocation costs to Dar es Salaam.
If you are confident that you match the above-mentioned criteria please send your detailed C.V mentioning the position in the subject line to: [email protected] . The deadline to submit your application is 17h00 on Thursday, 15th July 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.