The role holder will be responsible for reconciliation of clients’ accounts and ensure queries from intermediaries are promptly responded.
- Cash flow management – Daily monitoring of customer accounts and ensure adherence to cash before cover policy, handle the collection of premiums and find the resolution of account queries.
- Customer retention and loyalty- Timely payment of commission
- Verification of premium payment before processing claim- No claim file not confirmed within 24 hours.
- Allocating daily receipts to all customer accounts
- Providing accounts information to internal departments
- Intermediaries reconciliation- No unreconciled balances more than 30 days Send monthly reconcile statement to intermediaries,
- Lease with underwriters daily on funds received with no debit for timely postings.
- Support all strategic initiatives that are in place which focus on premium collection and credit control issues for head office as well as for all the branches
- Ensure all customers and direct clients /Agency queries are responded immediately. Ensure all commission reports are reconciled and paid by 5th of every month, Ensure all outstanding statement are sent by 10th of every month.
- Regional cooperation, expansion & other assignments:- Ensure all regional queries on credit control issues are responded immediately and all reports required from receivables are prepared on time
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- Debtors ratio
- TAT for commission payment
- TAT for allocation of receipts
- TAT for reconciliation of intermediary balances
- Responsible to Senior Accountant – Credit Contro
- Required to liaise and work closely with claims, underwriting & sales departments
- Brokers, Agents, Banks and direct customers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor degree (Accounting and Business related options preferred)
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 October 2021.