Jobs at:Watumishi Housing Company
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Watumishi Housing Company (WHC) is a public entity established in 2013. WHC is a property developer and a licensed fund manager responsible for management of the WHC Real Estate Investment Trust (WHC-REIT). .
Duties and Responsibilities
• To receive/Deposit cash and cheques.
• To issue cheques, petty cash and other payments and issue receipts for payments made.
• To maintain bank deposits slips, receipt book for all transactions and cheque books for all the WHC Bank Accounts.
• To post receipts transactions into accounting system
• To prepare and record all payment vouchers and maintains payment voucher file.
• To prepare and record all credit notes and maintains credit notes file.
• To record all receipts, journal vouchers, debit notes, and petty cash summary and maintains respective file containing those documents.
• Posting of authorized transactions in the system and ensuring that system records portrays true and updated financial position of the company on a daily basis.
• To maintain and reconcile all accounts receivable accounts including amounts due from staff to ensure prompt and regular collection of dues.
• To maintain and reconcile all accounts payable accounts including statutory dues to ensure correct and timely payment for the good and services obtained by company.
• To maintain Fixed Assets Register of the company.
• Compile monthly revenue related reports including reconciliations of sales and VAT returns.
• Generating various debtor related reports and following up for overdue debt.
• Effect periodic financial reports for submission to appropriate authorities;
• To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualification and Experience
• Possession of Bachelor degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance and Investment, Commerce/Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized higher learning institution.
• She/he must have attained CPA (T), ACCA, ACA or its equivalent professional qualifications recognized by NBAA
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
• Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Public Sector reporting principles will be an added advantage.
• Possession of one (1) year work experience in a reputable institution(s) will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: http://portal.ajira.go.tz/index.php/advert/display_advert/3391