EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation, KFW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
AccessBank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join in our finance department across the country as an Accountant.
Position – Accountant (1)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To facilitate effective control is in place for all payments and receivables to/from Selcom, and all benefits are included in the employee’s gross salary before computation of PAYE.
- To ensure tax payment is registered on TRA system to obtain control number Filing of returns with tax authorities, pension fund organisations and ministry of labour and timely perform any task assigned by the Chief Accountant and CFO from time to time.
- To ensure sure tax payments are made before or on the due date, control number is requested from respective municipal for the payment of city service levy quarterly before the 15 th day after end of quarter and all payments with exceeding threshold are signed by Management Team member before processing.
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in a timely manner.
- Provide members of the Management Team, and other employees of the bank, with information and support in matters related to accounting or similar issues.
- Prepare quarterly and annual group reporting pack on timely basis.
- Ensure that all reports are prepared and reviewed by the Chief Accountant before being submitted to external parties.
- Prepare financial statements on quarterly, and annual basis for publication.
- Prepare all taxes reports to the tax authorities in a timely manner.
- Prepare and ensure submission of other statutory returns such PPF/NSSF, City levy, Stamp Duty, Excise duty, VAT and Withholding Tax etc.
- Ensure that all reports/returns are prepared and reviewed by the Chief Accountant before being submitted to external parties.
- Ensure any task assigned by the Chief Accountant and Chief Financial Officer are done within specified time.
- Ensure accounting staff under accountant supervision are developed through sharing of knowledge within the department.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Accounts, Finance, BBA) and CPA/ACCA certification.
- Strong Customer Service and marketing skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience at similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and NBAA standards.
- Good knowledge of Tanzanian tax laws, labour laws, and central bank regulations
- Good knowledge of financial controls and risk management.
- Good skills to understand and apply bank group accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Ms. Excel and general computer knowledge.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English.
Please send your application letter and CV by email to [email protected] Certificates and other relevant documents will only be required during the interview. The application letter should explain why you are fit for this position.
Deadline for applying to this position is 16 th of April, 2021.
AccessBank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer.