Job Title: Accountant Location: Iringa
Department: Finance and Administration
- Post into sage cattle slaughter sheet.
- Expense monthly consumed stocks into sage Fuel, stock feed etc.
- Post into sage all stock movements i.e., Cattle purchases, cattle slaughter sheet, inventory/beef transfers, Block test, conversional sheets, returns month-end stock adjustments.
- Monthly reconciliation between Trail balance and Valuation report.
- Capture into sage daily butcher sales invoice.
- Update leave schedules.
- Supplier and debtors’ reconciliation.
- Coordinate with company stakeholders.
- Review and post captured cashbook transactions.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly cash flow.
- Management of company bank account.
- Update company asset register monthly.
- Comparing cash flow and actual expenditures.
- Making sure internal controls are followed.
- Review all invoices before payment.
- Send to the head of department payment plan for the week.
- Preparation of monthly management report.
- Supervise and direct the work activities of accounting and bookkeeping personnel. • Preparation of monthly journals i.e., Payroll journal, depreciation, provisions, etc.
- Lead the company in external auditing.
- Plan and attend month stock take.
- Raise invoice to customers.
- Action the outcomes of all audits and auditors’ management letters.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Implement internal controls to protect the company’s assets and ensure that accurate and timeous data flow to the finance department from the operating activities is achieved
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
Technical skills and knowledge
- Accounting system software (SAGE Evolution)
- Financial regulations i.e., IFRS
- Report writing
- Computation skills
Competencies required for this Role
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid unshakable personal value system.
- 3 plus years’ experience in Finance and Accounting department.
- Experience in Cash flow, Budgeting, Internal controls, reporting pack (Finance and Operations) is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Professional Qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Frostan Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV and relevant certificates. Only candidates with the required experience will be contacted. Submissions to be sent to: Email: [email protected] : Closing date: 10 December, 2021.