Job Title: Social Media Specialist 1 post
Reporting to: Brand Communications Specialist
Location: Dar es Salaam
Social Media Specialist
The Communications department at Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth supports program’s objectives by telling the AY story to build support for the aims and work of USAID. This entails developing and promoting high-quality content, communicating about AY’s work through traditional, digital, and social media, and engaging a global audience online. Under supervision of the Brand Communications Specialist, the Social Media Specialist will work with the project team to develop social and digital media plans and implement them, providing strategic direction on the latest social and digital media trends and tactics to increase awareness, engagement, and results for project communications activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead AY’s social media policy and strategy for the organization’s presence on social media platforms:
- Implement AY’s social media policy
- Roll out social media accounts for AY
- Monitor new developments in social media and expands AY’s footprint online across various platforms as appropriate
- Oversee daily messaging and outreach on AY’s social media platforms in English and Swahili to increase visibility of the organization’s work,
- Oversee daily content production
- Ensure an increase in AY’s social media audience.
- Highlight events and activities of the program on social media; liaise with the Communication Manager on social media support.
- Engages online influencers on social media; collaborate with the media coordinator on engaging online journalists and bloggers.
- Monitor and use opportunities to tap into ongoing conversations, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Provide regular analytics of social media outreach.
- Research new tools for social media management and analytics and leads the procurement processes as appropriate.
- Develop and implement social media strategies around large events, initiatives:
- Develop and implement social media strategies in line with overall communications plans for campaigns, relevant international days, and large events, e.g., the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence and International Women’s Day: International Youth Day, World Youth Skills Day.
- Develop and disseminate social media packages for campaigns, relevant international days and large events in English, and Swahili.
- Provide analytics and reports on social media implementation around specific campaigns.
- Coordinate social media partnerships.
- Engage in and ensures AY representation at large digital events.
Key Performance Indicators:
- High-quality visual and written content produced and disseminated on AY’s social media platforms, informed by analytics.
- Online audience engaged on a regular basis, including strategic influencers.
- Creative social media campaigns implemented with high engagement.
- Select live physical/virtual events successfully covered on social media.
- Very good understanding of major digital platforms and proven experience in strategic social media outreach at the international level.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective social media strategies and campaigns.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Very good organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities.
- Strong teamworking and ability to interact with different colleagues.
- Very good understanding of visual content, including how it can best be produced and shared on social media and with influencers.
- Strong awareness of digital trends.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 3 years of experience in social media, online journalism, or digital communications at the international level.
- Experience in developing and implementing social media strategies and campaigns.
- Experience in writing, editing, content production and dissemination for online audiences at the local and international level.
- Experience using advanced tools for online publishing, including content management systems and social media publishing tools, such as Hootsuite.
- Experience working in sensitive and fast-moving news, communications, or advocacy contexts.
- Experience producing and interpreting social media analytics to inform content production.
- Experience working in development sector.
- Experience using design and project management tools such as Adobe Sparks, Canva/ Stencil, MailChimp, Hootsuite/Sprout social, and Google Analytics a plus.
- Written and oral fluency in English and Swahili is required
HOW TO APPLY
DAI is an equal opportunity employer; the position is open to all candidates. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, and cover letter explaining how their experience will contribute to the requirements of the position. The applicant should also provide valid and reachable references. The CV, Cover Letter, and list of references should be sent to [email protected] on or before September 17th, 2021. Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.