Senior Manager Fundraising and Resource Acquisition
Jobs at:BRAC Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organization having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last four years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC in Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Position (1) : Senior Manager Fundraising and Resource Acquisition
Job Location : Dar es Salaam,TANZANIA .
• Working with the Country Representative, lead the development, coordination and management of BRAC Tanzania’s strategic partnerships, with stakeholders such as donors and development agencies
• Creatively provide a platform for engaging potential donors and ensure BRAC Maendeleo is well marketed among donors and partners as a credible development partner for purposes of securing funding for Projects;
• Collaborate with the community of practice at wider BRAC International and at the Africa Regional Office. BRAC International and its Affiliates to ensure alignments with BRAC’s invest strategy in the most relevant, strategic and likely to win opportunities;
• Explore and identify funding opportunities at national and international level
Fundraising and Proposal Development;
• Lead on strengthening needs identification, concept and proposal development capacity across among program and Fundraising staff in BRAC Maendeleo;
• With support from Country Representative, lead in pro-active engagement with key stakeholders, including government, private sector and donors, on resource mobilization.
• Lead in review and strengthening of the Country Fund Raising Strategy, specifically ensuring BRAC in Tanzania has a clear donor map for purposes of understanding of the donor landscape, including donors, stakeholders. INGOs. and programmes that work in BRAC’s thematic areas
• Lead in the proposal development process, including design, writing, submission, as v/ell as strategic pre-positioning and post-submission negotiations; Work collaboratively with BRAC International focal persons at HQ and Africa Region to manage existing tools and develop others to ensure high quality business development practices in BRAC Tanzania Programs;
• Ensure that all proposals are approved through Bl’s Programme Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Research and Maintain detailed information about all BRAC’s current and potential donors including their funding priorities, history with the organization, proposal documents, milestones and upcoming deadlines to support the organization’s overall strategy
• Access, organize, and synthesize information to create accurate and well written documents. Maintain a current database of donors and partners for easy access when need arise.
Grants Management and Reporting;
• Provide quality controls/reviews on all Project reports and ensure alignment to donor needs
• Track deadlines, deliverables and requirement of existing grants and proactively communicate with Project Managers.
• Support Project/Program Managers to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress/narrative reports as per the donor requirements
• Build Capacity of Programs staff on Grants Management as well as various donor requirements so as to position BRAC Tanzania as an organization of choice among donors and partners.
Program Review and Learning
• Coordinate with Programs and M&E team and ensure all grants are reviewed as per donor requirements and lessons learnt documented and shared to build capacity of Projects/Programs teams.
• Collect, translate and compile case studies as required to increase program exposure.
• Support the Programs teams in preparing written and statistical reports for various audiences
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualifications and Experience;
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Project Management. Sociology, or any relevant qualifications suitable for this role.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an international development environment that includes leading roles in partnership management, negotiations, programme development (including proposal development), and innovative
• Experience of management of (or working within) diverse teams including utilization of capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills.
• Traceable experience in writing winning proposals for various donors
• Traceable experience in working with various donors and especially creating consortia with both NNGOs and INGOs in Tanzania.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A well-honed ability to think and operate strategically Graduate degree in International Relations. Management, International Development, Economics, Business Development or any other relevant field
Job Education Requirements: Master’s Degree in Business Administration
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to HRD. BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited, Plot #2329, Block-H, Mbezi Beach, and P.O. Box 105213. Dar es Salaam or through email to [email protected] with a subject “Snr. Manager Fundraising and Resource Acquisition”.
Application deadline is 10.04.2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of Exploitation, discrimination and harassment at work place.