Senior Manager -Business Analysis & Research
Jobs at:Exim Bank
Deadline of this Job:
02 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose Of Job
The Job holder will prepare, develop, and analyze management financial information and provide a high-quality support service to Business and Support Departments in the Bank. He/she will be required to provide assessment of business performance and support business units to make informed decisions as well as to take corrective measures.
• Oversee the timely preparation of monthly MANCOM, ALCO Inputs, quarterly board reports and other business performance reports with appropriate commentary on variances, as well as advising business units on areas of opportunity for growth.
• Oversee the preparation of market research and analysis reports and advice on their impact on the business.
• Work with business unit leaders to provide guidance on the process and required inputs for the development of Medium-Term Strategy, Annual Budget and Revised Annual Forecast for the bank and group. Ensure completeness, accuracy and quality of the financial plans prepared by the team before recommending for approval to the CFO.
• Coordinate business review meetings with business units and subsidiaries to review their performance against targets and lead discussions on areas requiring improvement.
• Perform an annual review of the cost allocation methodology and ensure accurate allocation to business units. Oversee the computation of the FTP allocation to business units necessary for profitability analysis. Coordinate a review of the FTP parameters and ensure the tool is updated.
• Lead automation journey in finance operation.
• Take charge of a cost optimization project through identification of cost saving initiatives and make recommendations to the MANCOM.
• Work with Project Management Office to track profitability of new products/channels.
• Advice on balance sheet optimization to safeguard capital and liquidity of the bank.
• Oversee preparation of analysis of subsidiary performance and coordinate monthly performance review meetings with each subsidiary.
Qualification And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounts, Finance or any other related course.
• Must hold certification such as CPA, ACCA, CA, CGA or CMA.
• Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience and understanding of banking business.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree