Project MEAL Officer
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty. .
The Monitoring, and Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer provides technical support, coordination and oversight the “Collective Action for Rights realization in extractives Industry in Tanzania – CLARITY” Project MEAL system and processes. The MEAL Officer will take the lead on ensuring the quality of: research and assessments including pre-project assessments, baselines, mid and end evaluations; design of log frames, results frameworks and MEL plans for project; capacity building of project teams to effectively implement the project management system including monitoring project performance; knowledge management and data use. So that the VSOT Country office has robust evidence base to design and deliver high quality programmes; measure, document and disseminate good practices and impact; produce quality communications materials; providing early warnings where performance is below target. If you are passionate about making a positive change for the most marginalised you are the ideal candidate!
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills, qualifications and experience Essential:
• Masters or Bachelor degree level in M&E or equivalent in social sciences and or social research;
• At least 3 years experience in a similar postion
• Extensive experience of monitoring, evaluation and/or research using participatory practices and quantitative and qualitative methodologies;
• Experience of, awareness of and commitment to gender equality and social inclusiveness in research, monitoring and evaluation processes;
• Experience in providing research, monitoring and evaluation support for programme design and proposal development.
• Experience in developing and implementing M&E systems and frameworks in an NGO environment.
• Sound understanding on formative/ summative design; impact evaluation design and implementation
• Strong computer skills and data management
• Skilled in handling data and the ability to analyse and synthesize data and evidence from different sources
• Experience of reporting to donors in the development sector
• Ability to build capacity of others, facilitation, coaching and training skills.
• Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
• Experience of use of communications materials to influence others
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility
• Able to travel and work long hours, including work away from the home base for up to 30% of time, both within the country and occasionally internationally and some weekend and evening work.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/project-meal-officer-a0m3z00000di92aaat