BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflictprone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania through its Independent Evaluation and Research Cell (IERC) which is implementing ’Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescents ’, project aiming to Empowering adolescent girls with improved life skills is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Title: Project Assistants
Project Sustainability: 6 months
- Participate in piloting and Training of Trainers program for two life skill curriculums.
- Ensure that training venues have an enabling environment in coordination with respective supervisor and street-level authorities. This includes ensuring availability of training materials on time and provision of food and lunch to youth trainees.
- In consultation with supervisor, street-level authorities, and mobilizers, enroll assigned youths to specific life skill training, that is, whether interpersonal or intrapersonal modules in line with project design.
- Conduct life skills training to assigned youth cohorts with specific life skills training modules as per project design.
- Coordinate with community mobilizers and respective supervisor to ensure optimum attendance by youths to their respective life skill training module(s).
- Regular rigorous monitoring and reporting of project activities, including daily attendance and module reception.
- Promote and abide by BRAC’s internal policies and procedures including child protection policy and safeguarding polices.
- Ordinary/Advanced Diploma in Social sciences, education, or any development related field.
- Must have at least one year experience working with communities especially adolescents and youth.
- Excellent communication skills: - verbal and written.
- Ability to work with and train young people.
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Basic familiarity with digital data gathering tools (eg. ODK, Survey CTO, etc)
How to apply :
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with a subject “Project Assistant-IERC ” The application deadline is 08.05.2021.
( Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
BRAC in Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace