Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Manager
Jobs at:Tanzania Cheshire Foundation’s (TCF)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Shinyanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Global IE Programme Manager (There will be a matrix working relationship with the Learning, Impact and Quality Manager, LC)
Department: Global Influence and Programmes (GIAP)
Location: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Purpose of the job
To support the MEL implementation of Leonard Cheshire and Tanzania Cheshire Foundation’s (TCF) partnership in a new, innovative Disability Inclusive Development Programme (DID-IE) in Tanzania. We are looking for a talented individual to work alongside our programme lead and existing MEL capacity in the monitoring, evaluation and learning of the project. This person will ensure that project data collection processes, analysis and reporting is in line with the MEL framework as set out in the DID implementation and advise the partners of the progress against agreed deliverables. They will be responsible for the coordination and relationship management of external evaluators for the timely implementation of extensive baseline and end line evaluation.
• To ensure compliance with the DID MEL strategy and to track delivery against the programme targets, outcomes, and impacts as set out in the project results framework.
• Lead (in liaison with project staff) on reporting of data, particularly for quarterly and annual reports required by the donor. Oversee the development of a robust data management system.
• Responsible for leading regular reviews of the project Theory of Change, results framework and based on robust evidence to inform project adaptation.
• Establish and facilitate a MEL sub-committee from the consortium partners to oversee the development of the project MEL framework and a standard suite of monitoring tools, and development of a robust data management system.
• Ensure all consortium members are consulted, trained, and implementing the standard monitoring tools to ensure project members are compliant with reporting timelines and informing key project indicators as well as providing additional evidence of progress and learning on project outcomes.
• Provide technical support and build the M&E capacity of project staff, partners, local organisations, and primary stakeholders.
• Responsible for digital data collection, storage and analysis of Leonard Cheshire/TCF project schools as well as consolidating aggregated partner data to complete the Task Order results framework and dissemination of findings.
• Ensure processes for data quality assurance and data protection are in place according to Tanzanian data protection law and these are monitored for compliance among the project members and partners.
• Oversee a robust and accessible beneficiary feedback mechanism and complaints policy is implemented and can provide regular progress reports.
• Facilitate regular Task Order learning review workshops and compile Task Order learning logs.
• Support in the procurement and provide logistical support to any external evaluators and reviewing of evaluation reports.
• Support the dissemination of evaluation reports and learning products among the consortium partners and wider stakeholders
• Undertake regular field visits to project sites to support the implementation of the MEL framework and quality assurance checks.
• Inform, coordinate, and join external supervision and evaluation missions, as necessary.
• Work closely with the LC Learning Impact and Quality Manager and participate in LC MEL forums for learning exchange.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required by the Line Manager.
1. Adhere to our Code of Conduct, safeguarding policies, and procedures, reporting all breaches.
• Education to master’s level in a relevant topic or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable experience of designing, developing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems for data collection.
• Demonstrable experience of conducting monitoring and evaluation for complex projects with multiple partners.
• Excellent knowledge of M&E methods, the logical framework approach and other strategic planning strategies for demonstrating impact
• Demonstrable experience in quantitative and qualitative, participatory research methods and conducting field work in development context.
• Data analysis using Excel, SPSS or equivalent programme applying statistical methods and Qualitative software such as Nvivo where applicable.
• Experience of using digital and technology-based tools for data collection.
• Experience of writing and presenting reports to senior management and key stakeholders.
• Relationship management and coordination between a wide range of internal and external stakeholders for evaluation and learning purposes.
• Experience of delivering programme evaluations with an understanding of programme management and working to set deadlines and fixed parameters and budgets.
• Training others in M&E development and implementation.
• To be prepared to travel, often at short notice, in support of the undertaking of this role.
• To have empathy with the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire.
• Lived experience of disability will be an advantage.
• Experience of Matrix line-management and remote working
Key competencies and skills
• To be confident in developing strong partnerships with external stakeholders.
• To be able to work with own initiative, manage own workload and to balance competing priorities to work to tight deadlines.
• To be an innovative thinker who can develop new ideas.
• To be confident working independently and also collaboratively with internal team members and consortium partners.
• To be a confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills to have good IT skills in standard MS packages.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.leonardcheshire.org/jobs/vacancy/monitoring-evaluation--learning-manager-08824-tanzania/8844/description/