Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. .
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
• Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
• Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
• Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
• Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
• Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
• Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
• Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
• Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
• Strategic thinking
• Planning and delivering results
• Working with people
• Handling insecure environments
• At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
• Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
• Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
• Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
• High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
• Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
• Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or Power B
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational and team working skills
• Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
• Advanced English Language level (Business English is a plus)
• Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
• Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis (SPSS preferred)
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/job/1300/?location=Tanzania%252C+United+Republic+of&locationId=300000000311161&locationLevel=country