MEL Senior Program Officer
Jobs at:Women Fund Tanzania (WFT) Trust
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WFT-Trust is the first and only women’s rights fund in Tanzania that has been in existence since 2008 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women and girls’ rights through a funding mechanism that features strong capacity enhancement, strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations and mobilising resources.
WFT -Trust is seeking to employ young nergictic people to fill the jobs vacancies below at its Dar Es Salaam Headquarters….
Are you passionate about doing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning differently?
Do you have an uunderstanding of feminist approaches to documenting stories of change, highlighting the creativity of women’s rights organizations working in Tanzania? Will you bring feminist lens and less traditional MEL approaches to movement building processes with an empowering agenda for change? Are you in love with monitoring trends, enjoy fixing puzzles – causal effects, love joining dots and will be there every step of the way to create a web of informatics that will contribute to the mission and vision of WFT-Trust and its impact on gender equality and women empowerment from the grass roots to the national level
We are looking for you!
Job Title: Senior Program Officer Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Functionally Reports to: Head of Programs
Overall Purpose of the Job
The SPO monitoring, evaluation and Learning will be working closely with Grant Making, Strategic Alliance Building and Partnership and Resource Mobilization desks to support a feminist culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and reporting for WFT-Trust funded projects/interventions and internal operations. This includes developing, updating and coordinating monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) activities and events for WFT-Trust programs, grantees and women movement partners, building the capacity of WFT-Trust staff, board of trustees’ members and select partners in MEL, promoting MEL knowledge transfer internally and externally and supporting research and documentation of policy issues. The position will ensure that MEL systems and capacity building effectively serve WFT-Trust’s information needs, donor reporting requirements and learning agendas, members and partners while taking note of WFT-Trust’s feminist MEL framework, guidelines and policies. .
• Work with desk heads to develop feminist data collection tools, adapting existing tools to ensure that they are sensitive to power dynamics and that they are adapted to capture differences of experiences of all genders.
• Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of project quality, using donor monitoring tools as appropriate
• To ensure that differential impacts of young men, young women, men and women are measured. Ensure that measurement are inclusive of lived experiences facing different people, and measures both feminist and gender transformative changes.
• Tracking of Key Performance Indicators as approved by funding partners
• Support unit heads in routine data collection and documentation of grantee project information that confirms status of grantee project activities based on log-frames for donor reporting.
• Ensure log frames and routine data collection tools are feminist and integrate measurement that goes beyond solely measuring reach and vulnerability.
• Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for MEL data based on agreed indicators making sure that they are gender transformative to guide adaptive decision making based on evolving power dynamics.
• Provide alerts to respective desks heads on corrective actions required to avoid delays in implementation, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions.
• Supporting program design – developing and refining program concepts, drafting program indicators and contributing to program strategy. The SPO MEL will ensure that all WFT-T funded project(s) reflect feminist and gender transformative strategic objectives.
• Travelling as necessary to support field-based grantee project implementation, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation.
MEL Tool Development and Data Management
• Develop/Adopt an integrated database of all WFT-T funded projects and ensure accountability through regular data updates and ensure that lived experiences of all genders, especially women, results in actionable change.
• Work with unit heads to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective feminist MEL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects and services and for reporting on donor commitments.
• Review existing data collection tools for current WFT-T funded projects and desks
• Incorporate staff and partners feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data collection and management Monitoring and Reporting
• Support WFT-T grantees and other partners to develop M&E plans for their projects and offer technical assistance to the partners during implementation
• Ensure all WFT-T grantees and partners have updated work-plans and performance management plans (PMPs) in line with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed
• Review scheduled implementation progress reports from grantees and partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective unit heads.
• Support Head of Programs in data analysis and timely preparation of Quarterly and Annual MEL Reports and donor reports
• Ensure that inclusion and diversity issues such as participation, gender, age, sexual orientation and disability among others are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in project implementations and reporting as part of ensuring accountability according to WFT-T values and in line with Feminist values and principles.
Research and Documentation
• Analyse the impact of grantee implemented projects and promote learning by documentation of best practices with WFT-T staff, grantees and partners
• Support WFT-T grantees and partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant inputs
• Analyse key women rights policy issues that WFT-T works on to shape policy advocacy work
• Sharing findings back to relevant constituents and ensuring that respondents in research/MEL are able to understand what happens with their voices/opinions upon such research
• Review the reporting needs of WFT-T’s grantees and partners to have an understanding of the demand for reporting results;
• Review reports and evaluations to identify learning opportunities based on identified problems, review solutions and identify how to feedback this information into programs, training and capacity building;
• Conduct trainings and continuous capacity to WFT-T’s relevant staff members and partners/members in line with the MEL- identified gaps;
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Requirements
• Be a Bachelor and/or a Master’s degree holder in social sciences or other relevant disciplines from a recognized university.
• Persons with additional relevant trainings in monitoring and evaluation will have added advantage.
• At least 5 years relevant work experience at international, regional or sub- regional level.
• Experience in MEL system design and implementation.
• Proven experience in, exposure to, and capability for collaborative work, nurturing of networks and alliances and motivate people.
• Sound knowledge on gender and its mainstreaming strategies, leadership development and generally women’s rights issues in Tanzania and Africa.
• Have good and proven knowledge on different monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tracking tools.
• Identify with women rights agenda, values and principles.
• Proven experience in, exposure to, and capability for collaborative work, nurturing of monitoring and evaluation skills at WFT-T
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: [email protected]
Please indicate on the subject line as JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR i.e "Program Officer Communications", Deadline for submission of applications is on 30th August, 2020. Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. Young women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply.