Manager of Research (Environmental Scan)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This leader provides management and oversight to the Strategy & Environmental Scanning team within Research (MERL). This team will collaborate with international partners and other Compassion International domains to create and manage Global Program’s strategy including global, regional, and national office level strategy and environmental scanning. This team will leverage internal and external data as well as sophisticated analysis methods to triangulate data and drive evidence supported and contextualized strategies and plans.
The major duties of this job involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing, and enthusiastic way. This job will entail working at an extremely fast pace, and will require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and will be integral in motivating others. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full, daily management for assigned professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy department objectives.
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be based anywhere in the United States or any of our 25 field countries. Please see the list of these countries in the link below.
What will you do?
• Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
• Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
• Provide leadership and development to direct reports. Work with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives.
• Contribute to or prepare and administer the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
• Select, manage and develop assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews.
• Supervise specialists in the development of environmental scanning & strategy initiatives at all levels (field level through global level planning and strategy), using appropriate and rigorous approaches to generate reliable, timely and meaningful information to stakeholders. Include stakeholder engagement, development of program strategy, external data mapping & analysis, environmental scanning, literature reviews and country-level contextualization, sample and participant selection, quantitative methodology development, in-depth analysis using the necessary data analysis tools, report writing and presentation to multiple audiences and forums.
• Lead the specialists in conducting ongoing strategy development and environmental scanning initiatives, tools, processes & strategic capabilities in order to continually analyze the effectiveness of all parts of Compassion’s child development programs. Includes utilizing existing internal & external data sources, planning activities, designing innovations for methods, questions, and analysis, as well as generating new, strategic capabilities across all levels (Global, Regional, and National Office).
• Draw on diverse field exposure to advise program managers, field office staff, and leadership on relevant programmatic issues when requested and through contribution to and/or leadership of multi-departmental project, creative thinking and analysis teams.
• Collaborate with senior leaders from other departments that collect information and data in order to minimize duplication of effort, build cooperation and support the growth of quality information gathering across the organization.
• Lead subordinate professionals in the presentation of environmental scanning & strategy findings to large audiences in a consumable way to engage non-technical staff in actionable results. May personally present findings as well.
What do you bring?
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred
• Extensive experience in environmental scan
• Major coursework, qualifications, experience and on-going professional development in advanced research/strategy methodology.
• Experience in people management
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://compassion.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CompassionCareers/job/Remote---USA/Manager-Environmental-Scan---Strategy_R766?source=Linkedin