Jobs at:Star times Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Reports To: Company Secretary .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Issuance of various Responses to inquiries and provides information to respondents, law enforcement personnel, and the general public regarding court and/or case related matters.
• Creates, updates, maintains, and retrieves case files and documents.
• Drafts, prepares, files, and distributes various types of legal documents including notices, summons, plaints, and forms e.t.c.
• Prepare case notes, case reports
• Prepare weekly work reports
• Conduct legal research on various issues and prepare legal advice
• Conducts a variety of general clerical duties including data entry and copying, filing, faxing, and mailing correspondence and/or other types of departmental documentation.
• Reading and understanding various company contracts and deals and deciphering the legal jargon
• Providing useful inputs in formulation of deals and contracts.
• In case of lawsuits, investigating cause of the litigation, collecting evidence that are permissible in the court of law and preparing all the groundwork required to fight the case • Ensuring that all the licenses, agreements and permits of the company are valid and renewing legal contracts before it lapses
• Oversee all the legal implications of new projects
• Ensuring the safety of the company from legal litigations
• Ensuring documentation of all legal documents of the company in order to maintain confidentiality
• Prepare and attend Company meetings when assigned •
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
• Any other tasks assigned by the upper management
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Reporting Skills.
• Research Skills
• Legal Administration Skills, Litigation
Who are you and what you’ve done
• Bachelor degree LLB,
• Attended Law School or registered Advocate is an added advantage
• Work experience in legal field 2yrs.
Work Hours: 8