Jobs at:BBC Media Action
Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. BBC Swahili Service operates a digital first strategy, publishing content online and on social media platforms, this alongside producing radio news and current affairs programmes in Swahili. The service’s focus is to produce world-class digital content that makes sense of news and events for our local and global audiences. .
. We are looking for an experienced digital journalist to create content in multiple formats, in Swahili primarily and in English if required. They should be capable of creatively engaging audiences with interesting storytelling angles and techniques for all digital/social platforms. You will work to Senior Digital Journalists, and the Assistant Editor and Editor of the BBC Swahili Service and be part of a team with colleagues based in both Dar es salaam and Nairobi and other parts of the region.
The digital journalist will produce news and features in text and video, working across digital platforms to ensure the highest quality content is created for our audiences, and to make sure all content produced conforms to BBC values and editorial standards.
Other duties include:
. • To report, present, research, write, translate, edit and adapt text stories, video or audio material for audiences on digital platforms and radio
• To create original digital content for all multimedia output
• To be responsible for thinking through and around editorial problems, developing realistic alternative strategies and approaches.
• To maintain professional journalistic standards of accuracy, impartiality and fair dealing and adhering to the BBC’s Editorial guidelines.
• To offer ideas for programme content; to suggest new angles on existing stories and to put forward stories not yet covered.
• To be responsible for a moving story, amending and updating material as required. To be able to freshen a story and write interesting headlines.
• To provide content for other areas of the BBC including the BBC Africa hub and BBC News
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Journalist-Digital-BBC-Swahili-Service-Dar-es-Salaam/50347