UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, actionoriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Procurement Management Unit (PMU) implements efficient and effective procurement management systems and takes overall responsibility in planning and execution of activities related to material management in the Institute.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the dayto-day operations of the Unit, reporting directly to the Procurement and Supplies Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to public procurement procedures and practices. The Procurement Intern will:
- Assist to prepare bidding documents.
- Assist to coordinate tender opening meetings and tender board meetings.
- Compile physical procurement records.
- Update stores ledger in the procurement system.
- Assist to prepare Local Purchase Orders (LPOs).
- Record supplier contracts in the internal contracts register.
- Update records for store transactions.
- Manage records of receiving and issuing goods.
- Support stocktaking, reconciliation and auditing assignments.
- Post payment vouchers to invoice ledger.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a threemonth contract with the possibility of extension if necessary. Some assignments will require travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supplies or any other similar field.
- Registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our Procurement Management Unit by submitting an application via [email protected] with the subject line "Procurement Intern" by September 19, 2021, at 05:00 PM (EAT) . The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.