UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, actionoriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Finance and Administration Department plays a vital role in ensuring that the Institute’s planned activities are run and implemented smoothly within the allocated budget. Therefore, the department ensures financial transactions and budget implementation reports are prepared on time, at the same time, continues to provide other necessary finance and administration support.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the Finance and Administration Team with the dayto-day operations of the department, reporting directly to the Finance Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to efficient and accurate accounting functions of the department. The Finance and Administration
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques.
- Update the cashbook.
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliation.
- File finance documents that will ensure accurate record keeping. These include receipts, vouchers etc.
- Revise and verify staff imprest retirements.
- Assist to prepare financial reports.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our Finance and Administration Unit by submitting an application via [email protected] with the subject line "Finance Intern" by September 19, 2021, at 05:00 PM (EAT) . The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.