UONGOZI Institute is a government agency, established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania and is supported by the Government of
Finland, to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research, and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Finance and Administration Department plays a vital role in ensuring that the Institute’s planned activities are run and implemented smoothly within the allocated budget. The Department also ensures timely preparation of financial transactions, timely preparation of budget implementation report, while providing other necessary support.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will report directly to the Finance Officer. He/ She will assist the Finance and Administration Team with the day-to-day operations of the Department.
The Intern will be mainly responsible for assisting to maintain efficient and accurate accounting functions of the Department. From the very beginning, you will be exposed to:
- Preparation of payment vouchers and writing of cheques.
- Updating the cashbook.
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliation.
- Filing of finance documents such as; receipts, vouchers etc. and ensuring accurate record keeping.
- Revision and verification of Staff imprest retirements.
- Assist in preparation of financial reports.
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the supervisor.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension if necessary. Some assignments will require travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our Finance and Administrative Department by submitting an application via [email protected] with the following subject line "Finance Intern" by August 30, 2020 at 1400 hours (EAT) . The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.