UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, actionoriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Institute’s Communications Unit (CU) supports the development and implementation of the Institute’s Communication Strategy in aid of realising the Institute’s strategic plan. The CU, therefore, plays a supporting function to the key departments of the Institution, namely the CEO’s Office, Research and Policy Department, and Executive Education Department in achieving this goal.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the coordination of media and communication activities, reporting directly to the Communications Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to online and offline communication tools, content development and presentation, high-level events coordination and public relations. The Communications Intern will:
- Assist to manage the Institute’s website, blog and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube). This involves supporting content development and the updating/sharing of information to enhance the Institute’s visibility and promote knowledge sharing.
- Update the mailing list and maintain the internal communication tool
- Assist to draft press releases, media briefs and other related materials for external stakeholders.
- Assist to proofread, fact-check and edit communication materials.
- Support the coordination of high-level national and regional events (meetings, forums and workshops).
- Capture newsworthy photos at events and functions.
- Support the compilation of stories for the Institute’s newsletters.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a threemonth contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Ability to operate a semi-professional camera.
- Digitally savvy – online/social/mobile.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our Communications Unit by submitting an application via [email protected] with the subject line "Communications Intern" by September 18, 2021, at 05:00 PM (EAT) . The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.