Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere - an African and American company as much as an Asian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, and European one.
• Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
• As a team of 700+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
• Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
The Finance Associate is an integral part of Dalberg’s operations team and supports Consultants and Partners across the firm. The role is based in the Dalberg Dar es Salaam office and the candidate will provide support across Dalberg Advisors and Dalberg Implement - Tanzania.
Typical qualifications for a Finance Associate:
• Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, or its equivalent.
• ACCA/CPA-T qualification or its equivalent.
• 3-5 years of work experience in a similar role.
• Good communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in working with people from different cultures and varied geographical locations is desirable.
• Interest in international development.
• Professional, approachable, and flexible.
• Proactive, confident, and motivated.
• Strong attention to detail and good at prioritizing workload.
• Ability to effectively handle and deliver multiple requests at a time.
• Able to handle a matrix reporting structure.
• Able to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information/situations.
Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or independently obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
What You Will Do
• Perform monthly financial close processes and ensure timely reporting based on set deadlines.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for management discussions.
• Prepare project-specific financial and management reports for clients before Partner review and submission to Clients.
• Prepare and monitor the annual budgets for the entities as well as client-specific requirements with input from Office and Regional Directors.
• Responsible for the timely filing of monthly and periodic statutory returns and payments.
• Oversee cash planning, budgeting, and projections.
• Set up projects, expense codes, and perform other activities in the company's ERP system (Maconomy).
• Post detailed entries of accounting records, standard journals, and any ledger entries in the accounting system.
• Own and manage the payroll process for staff in the entities
• Review and process expense payments for staff and suppliers.
• Maintain, safe keep, and manage company assets and the register.
• Prepare client invoices and ensure EFD receipts for all invoices raised are generated.
• Review project closure reports.
• Liaise with auditors/tax advisors and ensure financials and or any statutory audits are done in a timely manner and close out all queries.
• Liaise with TRA and other government authorities on any audits.
• Manage relationships with banks and negotiate forex rates as necessary.
• Any other tasks, as required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Our current opportunity is in Dar es Salaam.
• Please submit your application at our Career Centre , by 11:59 EST Friday, 29 July 2022.
• Your application should include a resume and a cover letter that discusses your interest and identifies issues that are most pressing to you. We expect to make final decisions regarding this Finance Associate position no later than 31 August 2022.
• During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience.
• Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.