Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic affairs (DVCA)
Jobs at:University of Arusha
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of Arusha (UoA) is a fully accredited and chartered Private University accountable to the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Tanzania but carries out its objectives in harmony with guidelines and regulations for higher learning institutions in the country. Currently, UoA invites applications from qualified and competent applicants to fill one vacant post:
Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic affairs (DVCA) .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides administrative leadership and organization for all the academic components of the University and assists academic, research, extension and outreach programs in accordance with the University’s mission.
• Works directly and closely with the deans and development team to identify new sources of revenue to support existing programs, and to create and fund new programs, which are in keeping with the mission of the University.
• Reviews and analyses academic departmental organizational and operational responsibilities and needs; makes recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative support activities as appropriate.
• Manages all regular faculty staff and manages programs to enhance faculty excellence.
• Understands and supports the University’s core values and helps maintain a positive climate within and among the academic units.
• Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to the needs and concerns of students, faculty, and staff.
• Promotes and supports diversity on campus that values differences and inclusiveness. Assists academic units in resource development.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualification and Experience
• Professor/Associate Professor with PhD in any academic discipline with not less than eight years’ service in teaching and research.
• The Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs shall serve for a period of four (4) years, renewable once.
• She/ he will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor in relation to all matters pertaining to academic activities.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Both hard and soft copies of the application letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed to: Hard copies: Search Committee: Attn. Prof. Joshua J. Malago. PO. Box 3203, Morogoro. Tanzania. copies: [email protected]; [email protected] [email protected] We encourage submission of electronic copies to expedite processing of the applications, in the application letter, candidates must also give names, contact addresses, and telephone numbers of your referees who are able to provide recommendations to the applicant.
The deadline to receive applications is 15th May 2020. You can call 0755385610; 0789179322; or 0754566766 for further inquiry.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their addresses and/or telephone, numbers and shall be called to appear before a face to face interview.