Jobs at:The Nature Conservancy
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Contracts Specialist will support the strategic priorities of the Africa region through efficient oversight of Africa Region contracts, while providing excellent customer services to project managers. They are responsible for supporting staff from every phase of contract development from researching the legal regulations to negotiating the terms and preparing the final print document. They collaborate with Legal team to support staff to terminate contracts on favorable terms. They will provide guidance related to administrative contractual requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures to staff across Africa region. They are responsible for implementation of the contractual processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness and disseminate information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow.
Responsibilities and Scope
• Develop and implement new initiatives that will ensure Africa region contractual goals and strategies are achieved.
• Prepare contractual agreements using current research methods and knowledge of a client's (program or departmental) needs and ability to fulfill its requirements
• Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, GAAP, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance. Decisions may bind the organization financially or legally
• Collaborate with Grants Specialists on managing public awards and with the region’s legal representatives on matters of heightened complexity or risk
• Ensure contracted vendors obtain and possess required insurance coverage and that appropriate documentation is obtained and maintained
• Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with TNC policies and all applicable regulations
• Maintain contract tracker, to ensure all contracts are up to date and alert program managers on expiry dates, so that amendments can be done in a timely manner
• Collaborate with the legal team to maintain contract templates, guidance and training materials and ensure effective distribution thereof to regional staff
• Clearly explain contract terminology to TNC staff and other interested parties in simple language
• Self-monitor progress according to the schedule of completion to submit drafts and documents in a timely manner
• Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency, according to a style guide if provided by the client
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Manage and/or review contractor’s invoice and deliverables before processing.
• Ensure compliance with Conservancy policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements
• Financial responsibility includes assisting with purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget preparation
• May act as a resource to others to solve problems relating to Contracts.
• Travel and work flexible hours as needed
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination;
• Finance, Operations or related field experience;
• Experience managing and implementing multiple projects;
• Experience drafting and negotiating agreements and managing contract workflow and process;
• Experience working with widely dispersed cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated experience handling confidential information;
• Desired qualifications
• Multi-lingual skills (French, Portuguese and/or Kiswahili preferred) and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
• Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role;
• Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to field of experience;
• Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the specific field, preferably in a non-profit environment;
• Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills, along with a strong attention to detail;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/R-1ECM8KXjIERwYNiWRISm?domain=careers.nature.org