Consultant For AEP Curriculum Development
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Kigoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The AE programme is targeting Burundi Refugees in the camps in Tanzania who are over-age and are out of school primary-level children aged 10-18 and have missed out on formal education. .
Duties and responsibilities
The consultant will:
• Develop a road map for the curriculum development process
• Develop data collections tools, needs analysis, desk review etc
• Mapping existing curriculum materials , review of other AEP models, consultations with education stakeholders
• Revision of the existing Level 1 curriculum: identifying key learning points, skills, topics and knowledge.
• Development/ adaptation for the level 2 and level 3 curriculum.
• Development adaption of the a curriculum frame work to provide a structure for the key learning points, rationale for the content to be included
• Facilitation of orientation/Validation and teacher training workshops
• conduct filed based observation of existing AE sessions, consultation with teachers, students and other education stake holders
• support and facilitate field testing of the AE curricula
Job Skills: Not Specified
Master’s degree in curriculum development or similar field
• Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
– Experience developing non-formal and/or basic education curricula, combined with detailed and up-to-date knowledge of accelerated education principles and international best practice.
– Experience of education in minimally-resourced environments/education in emergencies;
– Experience in adult learning methodologies and in training teachers in curriculum delivery, learner-centred pedagogies, inclusive classroom management and curriculum strategies, and formative and summative assessment.
– Applied knowledge of principles and practices in gender sensitivity and inclusion of learners with disabilities and special educational needs; knowledge and experience in curriculum adaptation and differentiation;
– Up-to-date knowledge of trends in curriculum development and teacher development, preferably including own research.
– Fluency in French and English; ability to speak Kiswahili and/or Kirundi an advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send an email to [email protected]
The title of the email should be ‘ Consultancy for AEP curriculum Development – NRC Tanzania’ PR number 8101072.
Applications shall include the following:
– 1 technical offer detailing the Curriculum Development framework or Structure, methodology, (max. 6 pages);
– 1 financial offer (Excel) detailing the costs of the curriculum development process (including transport costs, meals costs; personal insurance, costs engaging local personnel for support etc.)
– CV of the of Curriculum development lead and team members demonstrating relevant experience / knowledge (max 10 pages);
– 2 references of organisations to be consulted to be informed about the consultant prior experience in the area of curriculum development.;