Chief Principal Quality Assurance and Qualifications Framework
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder will provide strategic leadership and management in the process of development and implementation of quality assurance guidelines and standards, and qualifications framework strategies, policies, and guidelines. Subsequently, the job holder will collate policies, guidelines, and standards on quality assurance and qualifications framework for operationalization of the East African Community Common Higher Education Area. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overseeing strategic development, implementation of quality assurance and qualifications framework activities, and carrying out monitoring and evaluation processes.
• Overseeing the development of regional policies for effective operationalization of the EAC Common Higher Education Area.
• Mobilizing resources for quality assurance and qualifications framework activities.
• Keeping himself/herself abreast of international developments in quality assurance and qualifications framework and accordingly informing higher education institutions and national commissions and councils for higher education in the EAC Partner States
• Organizing dialogue and advocacy forums on harmonization of higher education systems in the Community.
• Organizing dialogue and advocacy forums on operationalization of the EAC Common higher Education Area.
• Promoting curricula reforms in order to equip graduates with the skills and knowledge which meet the needs of employers as well as self-employment in accordance with development plans of the Community
• Developing and implementing regional projects on quality assurance and qualifications framework
• Any other duty that s/he may be assigned by Deputy Executive Secretary – HERSS
Key Performance Indicators
• Qualifications Framework developed and operationalized
• Number and type(s) of quality assurance standards and guidelines developed and operationalized
• Number of quality assurance modules developed, published and utilized
• Status of the development of quality assurance systems in higher education institutions in the region
• Number of dialogue forums on quality assurance and qualifications framework held • Number of projects/programmes developed and funded
Must have a Ph.D. from a recognized institution
Have at least ten years’ experience in teaching and/or research, of which 5 years at the rank of Senior Lecturer or equivalent in a recognized higher education institution
• Must have sound knowledge of quality assurance in higher education
• Have sound knowledge of program development and evaluation
• Have sound knowledge on institutional evaluation
• Have a clear understanding of the basic mission of higher education institutions
• Be conversant with academic programs in higher education institutions and the multiple challenges and global pressures facing them
• Have knowledge of tracer study processes
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have sound computer knowledge and skills
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Fill the online application on the link https://bit.ly/2ETp75E and should be accompanied by the following documents:
• Application letters
• Certified copies of the applicant’s degree awards
• Up to date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
• Proof of nationality and age
• Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate supervisor.
Incomplete applications/submissions shall not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Applications marked ”APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CHIEF PRINCIPAL QUALITY ASSURANCE AND QUALIFICATIONS FRAMEWORK”
Applications shall be sent electronically or hard copy to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submission of applications to the IUCEA Secretariat is 10th September 2020.