SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to provide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) services to USAID/Tanzania. The proposed MEL Support Platform activity objectives are to assist the mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s implementing partners and DO teams. The MEL Support Platform will also implement a capacity building agenda for the mission, developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the mission and tailoring a curriculum to provide skills development to mission staff.
To oversee the work of the MEL Support Activity, SoCha seeks an experienced Chief of Party.
Scope of Work
The Chief of Party will:
- Lead client relations with USAID’s program office, technical offices, and front office;
- Set the strategic and tactical direction of the MEL project;
- Oversee the execution and delivery of technical MEL and CLA work under the contract;
- Assure the quality of the services provided under the contract;
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the contract, including the timely submission of quality deliverables including work plans, the MEL plan, evaluations and assessments, and financial reports;
- Coordinate with SoCha’s home office, and
- Overall responsibility for leading and coordinating all activities, all required reports and for staff management
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Ten (10) or more years of demonstrable experience leading multi-year monitoring and evaluation mechanisms or contracts;**
- Substantive expertise in monitoring and evaluation multi-sectoral international development projects;
- Experience in East Africa required and experience in Tanzania highly desired;
- Prior experience working with USAID preferred;
- English language proficiency required, Swahili language proficiency beneficial, and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travel within the country
How to apply
To lodge an application, please lodge CV highlighting your experience in qualitative research via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/chief-of-party-tanzania/
Applications close 17 September 2021 and promising candidates may be selected before this deadline.