Chief ICT Specialist – PITD
Jobs at:African Development Bank
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Within Tanzania , International , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision. .
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT
/DIVISON: The role of the Bank’s Industrial and Trade Development department is to promote the implementation of the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5’s initiatives with special emphasis on the Industrialize Africa strategy. The department leads the Bank’s activities in the area of industrial policies, ICT, trade and investment climate, and private sector investments in industry and services.
The ICT Operations Division is responsible for the Bank Group's public sector-based activity in the ICT sector. In particular, the Division is responsible for the identification, appraisal and subsequent supervision of the Bank's lending and grants programme to Regional Member Countries for ICT projects. In addition, the division supports other operations of the Bank requiring sectoral advice. The main objective of the ICT Operations Division is to build on the Bank's sector skills to become a leader in the development, financing and implementation of ICT projects and programmes across the African continent.
Job Skills: Not Specified
The Bank is hiring a Chief ICT Specialist The position has the following functions:
• To lead, and coordinate the identification, appraisal and negotiation of Bank operations for the ICT sector, involving RMCs, Governments, Private Sponsor and other development partners or concerned parties;
• To supervise the implementation of projects by RMCs and to coordinate the Bank’s responses on procurement, financial management, evaluation, restructuring and audit of projects;
• To direct the provision of expert advice on issues related to ICT sector development including advice to RMCs;
• Provide the required technical skills to design national and multinational projects that respond to the needs of the RMCs and RECs based on priority and selectivity;
• Mobilise external resources to prepare feasibility studies, co-invest in projects and finance economic research work of the Division.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.afdb.org/en/vacancies/chief-ict-specialist-pitd-39124