Assistant Lecturer Environmental Engineering
Jobs at:University of Dar es Salaam
Deadline of this Job:
07 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Assistant Lecturer:
• Carrying out lectures, seminars, tutorials and practicals for undergraduate programmes
• Setting, invigilating and marking undergraduate examinations
• Assisting senior staff in lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practicals for postgraduate programmes
• Supervising projects and practical training for undergraduate students
• Conducting research and publishing results;
• Carrying out consultancy and public service
• Undergoing postgraduate training to PhD level
• Participating in relevant workshops and conferences; and
• Performing any other relevant duties assigned by one’s superior
• Tutorial Assistant:
• Under-studying senior members of academic staff by attending their lectures seminars, tutorials and practicals
• Carrying out seminars, tutorials and practicals
• Assisting in research, consultancy and public service
• Performing any other relevant duties assigned by one’s superior; and
• Undergoing postgraduate training for the master’s degree
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related fields, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering/Management or related fields,
• Bachelor of Science in Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering or related field and Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering/Science or equivalent, Master’s degree in Sanitary
• Engineering, Master’s degree in Wastewater Engineering, Master’s degree in Integrated Sanitation Management, Master’s degree in Water Resources Engineering or equivalent.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing
Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
Photocopy of birth certificate.
Names and addresses of two referees.
Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
Applicants should indicate Departments/Disciplines for which they apply
Applicants must have National Identification numbers from the National Identification Authority (NIDA).
Applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service must channel their application letters through their respective employers. Non-disclosure of such status will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above45 years
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
• Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics),
• University of Dar es Salaam,
• P.O. Box 35091,
• DAR ES SALAAM.