Accounts and Finance
Jobs at:The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a statutory institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 shareholding basis. The Authority is incorporated by the Acts of Parliament of the two contracting states, with its Registered Head Office being in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and two Regional Administrative Centres, one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam. The position of Finance Manager has fallen vacant and applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians and Zambians as follows.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Department: Accounts and Finance
Location: Head Office (1 Position)
Managing Director The Finance Manager is tesponsible for developing and managing general accounting and financial portfolio and design systems and procedures for control of expenditure in order to sustain TAZARA operations and meet profit objectives.
The following constitute the main duties of the Finance Manager:
• Formulates and directs short and long term financial policies, systems and procedures for effective and efficient utilization of the Authority's funds;
• Directs the development of policies of financial management in order to ensure effective and efficient utilization of the Authority's fund;
• Directs the design of accounting rules and regulations in order to ensure uniform and consolidated systems and reports
• Directs the development of policies for monitoring financial performance of Cost and Profit Centres;
• Formulates and directs debt collection polices to enhance timely collection of the same from customers;
• Develops and directs investment policies in liaison with the department of Corporate Planning and Research, to ensure economic utilization of funds; Formulates and directs policies on cash flow management through the system to ensure optimum utilisation of revenue;
• Directs, coordinates and monitors budget preparation and application in areas of jurisdiction, and . Directs formulation of staff development training and planning policies in order to ensure availability and proper utilisation of accounting staff.
Competencies and Skills:
• Proficiency in Accounting and Payroll Management Systems, including Microsoft Office applications;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership w skills;
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects;
• Good understanding of applicable tax, pension and other statutory obligations;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Team oriented.
• Form INI certificate in Tanzania or Grade 12 certificate in Zambia
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Plus Qualified Chartered Accountant from a recognized Institution e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, and CPA;
• Ten (10) years relevant experience at senior level;
• Not less than 35 years of age;
• Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration or related field is an added advantage;
• Full member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) in Zambia or National Board of Accountant and Auditors (NBAA) in Tanzania.
Conditions of Service
TAZARA conditions of employment will apply. This appointment is on permanent and pensionable terms.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, námes and addresses of three traceable referees, Closing date for receiving application letters is 20th August 2021 at 17:00hrs.
Human Resources Manager
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
Head Office, Julius Nyerere Road
P.O. Box 2834 DAR ES SALAAM,
Email: [email protected]