Jobs at:Compassion Internationa
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Compassion International 2020
Position: Accountant – Tanzania
# of Openings 1
Job Locations TZ
Job Family Finance
This accountant must be based in Arusha, Tanzania. This career accountant maintains the organization's general ledger with the assigned area of responsibility. She or he works closely with internal clients across the organization to answer financial questions and provide advice on proper accounting. This incumbent is a key contributor to the preparation of financial statements and develops new reports in response to ongoing business needs. As a seasoned professional, the accountant uses advanced knowledge of GAAP, internal financial systems, and other accounting standards to conduct accounting research and analysis, review and interpret historical transactional activity, and take a key role in month-end and year-end close process, to include preparation or review of account reconciliations. At this career level, the incumbent is generally competent in several finance specialties and may be called on to coach or oversee the work of junior accounting staff.
*Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required*
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
• Uses independent judgement to serve internal customers, answering financial reporting questions, explaining accounting principles, advising on proper recording of transactions, and informing others of financial policies and procedures. Partners in problem-solving for both procedural and technical issues.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on the organization’s financial general ledger system, including the chart of accounts, functional allocation, fund balances, segments and other attributes of the system.
• Maintains monthly/annual financial close processes through preparation and/or review of key journal entries and account reconciliations, analyzes financial activity for errors or misclassifications and corrects as needed. Also prepares and distributes financial statement reports and provides additional information related to reports for appropriate actions and decision-making.
• Attends training and/or accesses other means to maintain a level of knowledge and/or credentialing sufficient to perform all the requirements of this position.
• Makes use of appropriate opportunities to teach other team members and internal clients about accounting concepts and their organizational application.
• May be called on to coach or oversee the work of junior accounting staff, as well as coordinate tasks, as needed, with other team members.
• Supervises the team that supports project accounting and financial decision-making, reviews forecast-to-complete and other project progress projections, and consults with project leadership regarding regular project cost reports such as variance and cash flow.
Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Culture: Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
• 5+ years professional experience working in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
Licenses and Certifications • Certified Public Accountant.
• Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here